Hacker Caught

Thread: Hacker Caught

Hacker Caught

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Federal authorities have cracked the case of an international hacker who broke into roughly 100 unclassified U.S. military networks over the past year, officials said.

Officials familiar with the investigation declined to identify the hacker, a British citizen, but said he could be indicted as early as Tuesday in federal courts in northern Virginia and New Jersey. Those U.S. court jurisdictions include the Pentagon in Virginia and Picatiny Arsenal in New Jersey, one of the Army's premier research facilities.
    Over the past year? This is the first I have heard about this, but the US Military claims it has been a high priority.

Officials said this hacker case has been a priority among Army and Navy investigators for at least one year.
    Does anyone else have any more information on this?

Full story is HERE

Cheers:
    DjM

This is the first I've heard of it as well. I guess because it was "unclassified" Military networks - not many people get to know about it. I am interested to know what exactly was hacked and was it only website defacements or was it worse.
    Luck--TSM
    Atlanta, GA

Yeah, this was a while back not?

I believe that it was t0rn (maker of t0rnkit)
    But I'm not sure, anyone can confirm this?

This is odd. I have never heard about this and it hasn't been mentioned in the news at all to my knowledge. If it has please let me know. I just can't recall this being in the news, especially something this big. If it's big to the government, I would think it would be in the news, but whatever. Interesting article, thanks.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Yeah, this was a while back not?

I believe that it was t0rn (maker of t0rnkit)
    But I'm not sure, anyone can confirm this?
    Actually it was Gary McKinnon aka so1o or so2o or so7o.He was acused of brakeing in to high profile company's in the U.S to.And he was a notorius defacer with his hacker group the M0D (master of download)and all the welcome to the ph33r nation that was what he put up in a lot of his defacements im sure you have heard many script kiddies running around IRC shouting ph33r nati0n and what not.
    Its a pretty harsh sentance he faces but hey what else do you expect he was a cracker and entered some high profile and VERY off limit servers he also brung the navy servers down for 3 days
    i have read many articles on this guy here is just one from the register
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/28186.html
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Interesting, thanks alot for the article and the background information on the issue. This is still odd, because if it brought down the navy's servers for 3 days I'd figure it would be on the news or something like that. I mean, up until now, I never knew this whole thing at all. But thanks for the information prodikal!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Is Mckinnon caugt?, if so: When McKinnon was a high priority, the military sure as hell woudn't tell the public that when they started their search, so that is why he has been a high priority for a year and we haven't heard about it.
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

All the classified information is stored on an encrypted Intranet. It was designed this way so if someone was able to physically get connected, they would still have to login to a eycrypted network.

Does anybody remember the 2 week cyber war between the US and Chinese last April? The Chinese made a killing defacing unpatched military servers running windows NT. I hope they learned their lesson before the one year anniversary of the Chinese fight jet and Navy spy plane crash.

It was also in Network World as well if that helps
    -Ajaz50 (Z-S Entaprises)
    The Hacker That Cut Your FAT Out!