Thread: Files,text meanings?

Files,text meanings?

Hello and great day to all, I have beeen searching and reading on a lot of material from here. I noticed there are a lot diffrent type files. How do I know what theses files are nad how to open and read them. Also security text, is this a tutorial of some sort. or just reaading material ? would appreciate any assistance. Thank you

Hmm well you could check the Description but some have none, and if you want to know how to run the program it depends say it was program name.c for exploits what that is, is source for C programing language you would have to compile it. If its .zip then its compressed and you have to get winzip (www.winzip.com) or what ever to un zip thebad boy. If its something like .exe or whatever you can use common sense. There is alot of other types of files but i think i just covered some of them. Hope this helps

i recomend QUickview Pro 7, this programs let you see files that need a program tu run them but with out the program(ex. if you have some *.xls files and you don't have Exel you can read the content of the file with quickview pro)
    i hope this could help you

Here's a link to a printable file type dictionary.

http://www.computeruser.com/resource...filetypes.html

Here's a file type quick reference with a security rating for the different file types.

http://www.computeruser.com/resource...filetypes.html

To figure out how to open a specific file type,just enter {opening (file type)}no parenthese or brackets into google search and you should get a ton of hits.As far as reading material,for a good general understanding of a broad subject,just look for a book on the subject.If you want quick tips and tricks for a given subject,usually tutorials are the way to go.If you use any kind of p2p program,a search for any given subject will usually give you a ton of choices,or do a google search.There's more books floating around the Internet than anyone could possibly read in their lifetime,you just have to know where to look.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Appreciate the response and help folks, you guys are great !. Sometimes we dont all know where to look, Ive done quite abit of reading on here and have gained some knowledge about a few things I didnt know before. Perhaps one day I'll be able to help out a lost soul. Again thanks for the tips I'll check them out and read some more.