Microsoft's a role model :D

Thread: Microsoft's a role model :D

Microsoft's a role model :D

WASHINGTON -- Microsoft chief executive officer Steve Ballmer promised Tuesday that his company will accept more responsibility as an industry leader in compliance with its antitrust settlement with the government.

Ballmer said until recently, Microsoft viewed itself as a small company just getting started , despite longtime criticism that its dominance in the software industry was stifling innovation elsewhere.

"Today, we recognize that we are an important industry leader whose decisions have an impact on many other companies as well ," he told an audience at the Brookings Institution. "We have an important leadership role to play, and there are new rules that apply both legally and dictated by industry trends and needs." .......

"When the antitrust lawsuit started, most of our industry did not race to support us. But we listened to our supporters and we listened to our critics," he said. "We're committed to being upfront about what we are doing and who it affects, open in communicating about every aspect of our business and sensitive to the new issues of corporate governance that have become increasingly important to market confidence."
    Entire piece here.

ROFL! Yes I for one trust Microsoft all the more to Mr Balmer's comments
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

lol thats sooo funny

Well, absolutely. I sure believe every word Balmer says, just as I believe Bill Gates is dead honest. I mean, this is Micro$oft speaking. Have they ever failed to be anything but upright and honest in their dealings?

"Slack rules"

lol thats just what politicians call "Jaw Boning"
    or what we call "Bullshit" hahahahahaha

lol, Micro$oft again, the stories that never ends. they should have a new logo "1000 & 1000 nights
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Ballmer said until recently, Microsoft viewed itself as a small company just getting started
    ROFL where has he been?? In a small lil room locked away by Bill writing crappy lil programs?

"We're committed to being upfront about what we are doing and who it affects, open in communicating about every aspect of our business and sensitive to the new issues of corporate governance that have become increasingly important to market confidence."
    Riiite, thats why they have said a while ago that open source is bad and not secure....
    All I can say to this is *cough* BULLSHIT *cough*
    [gloworange]I pLaY mY eNeMyS lIkE a ChEsS.[/gloworange]