Novell Netware

Thread: Novell Netware

Question Novell Netware

hi,

I would like to ask u all sth bout novell netware, but let start from M$ window first e.g. copy M$ window file format.com or fdisk.exe from machine W1 to machine W2, which is also running M$ window... both files will work the same as the did in machine W1.. right?

But in Novell u can copy any file e.g "whois" from machine N1 to another machine N2 (same version as N1)... "whois" won't work and terminate with errors...

can any1 tell me how the Novell control that?

thanks

format.com or fdisk.exe from machine W1 to machine W2
    Yes, well if they have the same DOS version.

But in Novell u can copy any file e.g "whois" from machine N1 to another machine N2 (same version as N1)... "whois" won't work and terminate with errors...
    Well perhaps the Novell programs require data files which you haven't copied? Some programs do require data files to work you know, even simple ones.

As far as I can remember most dos novell programs have heaps of extra files, language packs, overlays etc needed to make them work, so that could be it. Investigate why the novell program doesn't work.

Novell commands sometimes need to be in specific directories. Most commands that are in the system or public directories need to stay there. As Slarty stated most of those programs use other programs or libraries that reside in those directories and will not function if moved to a different directory of machine.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...