compiling the buttnugget

Thread: compiling the buttnugget

compiling the buttnugget

I've been trying to compile some linux programs that are written in C. I AM running windows, but since its all written in C, so i figure it might compile to some extent. However, whenever I compile, It says I'm missing some linux libraries and header files (ex. iostrea.h). This doesn't surprise me, as I'm not using linux. I was wondering if there a place online for me to download these libraries and headers. And, if I download them, and compile them, will they work on my windows 98 se ?
    \"I think people that are going to commint crimes.... they just shouldn\'t have guns!\" - George W. Bush

... good call georgie

I have a couple of questions and a hint.

Question One: What enviroment do you use to compile the C file.

Question Two: is it realy iostrea.h or is it iostream.h ??

Question Three: if it is iostream.h then you might try renaming it to .cpp becouse then it would be a C++ file.

the hint: try downloading Cygwin wich is a mimi GNU system wich runs great (well a bit slow) on windows98..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Also a thought, do you know if the program was written to comply with the ANSI C Standards? If it was, then it should compiler on any compiler that supports the standards, which most major ones do.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

DJ jarson: i have a similiar problem... i have a C script that I wrote on windows. and im trying to compile it. i downloaded all these command based compilers but they are all confusing. will you tell me to compile a C script in the easiest way possible? please

bilo86 > you might want to provide more info, like what compilers you are using and such. the command line compilers arent that hard, its just like using one on linux, plus command line compilers run a bit faster I think.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO

Sorry about waiting such a long time for a response. I'm using Borland C++ and C compiler for windows, and its a fairly new version. I haven't tried downloading the CGYwin libraries, and I'm trying to compile some linux scripts that I download. No, there not script kiddie DoS scripts, but they do interact with the internet. Since windows uses winsock.dll, and linux doesn't use that for internet, I am thinking maybe that maybe there's some error there. Even so, the program doesn't compile, it just tells me that I am missing libraries. and it was iostream.h.....
    \"I think people that are going to commint crimes.... they just shouldn\'t have guns!\" - George W. Bush

... good call georgie

Well since it wont compile under Borland, which Im pretty sure is ANSI compliant, then the code itself must make use of some non standard features, or some kind of compiler/os specific programming, which probably means it needs to be modified for it to work under windows.

word.... anyone else?
    is their any way to port a linux program to windows

... good call georgie