Thread: Chat room translator's???

Question Chat room translator's???

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a chat room language translator?If so,where can I find one or more?I was having a discussion on Yahoo with a person from Iran about recent terrorist activity,and what their government is doing about it,and it was an intriguing conversation on both ends,except the language barrier made some of the conversation kinda confusing as his English wasn't so good,and I don't speak a word of Arabic.If anyone knows of such a thing please post a link.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Heya,

If he's from Iran, he probably speaks Persian rather than Arabic IMO. A dictionary for English to Persian can be found here. They also have translator software for sale there. I haven't used it so I'm not recommending it or anything.

I also found an email service here, which either of you should be able to use to email back and forth.

Hope that helps.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

unsure if this is the right place to kinda make a "child process" off this topic but... I was thinking the other day... how you could circumvent a keycap program and still chat... by making a voice connection instead (i.e. Yahoo)... so... is there anyone that makes an "audio capture" program that would work like a keycap program??? maybe even a nifty enough one to record to ogg/mp3 format?
    Analog = Classical
    Digital = Techno

Dont' think it had a english to arabic translation ( But it has a bunch of others ), but babelfish was really cool, have found it very helpful when looking around at foreign web sites:

http://babel.altavista.com/

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Hmm dont know google.com has a translator tool but you have to copy and aste it in and hit enter and that can get annoying.

FWIW Learning the grammar and syntax of Farsi might be an option -- it has Indo-European roots with lots of Arabic borrow words.

It all depends on attitude towards learning a language other than English.

Iranians know how to use Latin script to render transliteration from Farsi to English.

Also, learning how to decipher Persian script and Arabic script is worth the effort.

Language study aids on CD make this endeavor worthwhile.

YMMV
    The truth may set you free,
    but the Four Noble Truths
    liberate you from birth-life-death.