getting booted while invisible?

Thread: getting booted while invisible?

getting booted while invisible?

I seem to keep getting booted alot while i am invisible on yahoo messenger but not in any chat rooms. I am in pm's or im's. My ? is this. Are there ways for people to boot you from a pm or im even if your invisible and not in a chat room. Can people still tell if your online even if you are invisible. and if so are what type of program does this and will afirewall prevent it. Appreciate any comments or answers.

It seems that someone is using some sort of punter to exploit a vurnability in your yahoo messenger client.Trillian should not be affected.Trillian is a multi instant messenger client utilitie which you can use to sign onto msn/yahoo/aol/mirc/icq at the same time instead of using 5 different instant messenger clients,log onto your your yahoo messenger using trillian and you should'nt get booted,let us know if you are still getting booted after that then we can try and help you further... You can get trillian at http://www.ceruleanstudios.com
    P.S a firewall prob wont stop it
    Good luck

~RedAlert

It's easy to check someone invisible online or not on Yahoo Messenger.....using your right mousse click on..lets say "A" and then click on "view shared files" if he/she OL ,you will see "waiting permission file", and if she/he not OL will say "not OL"....

If you be nice to people maybe no one will booted you..(just suggestion.. )

cheerss
    Not an image or image does not exist!

I am very nice to people, I mainly go to chat and sing there in those rooms and have a good time. Im not there to start trouble. But there are people who go in there and boot you for no reason, simply just because they have the know how to do so. Just because people are bieng booted dosent neccessarily mean they are being *******s too people. Im 35 and a bit more mature than that. I,ve been serving this country for 16 1/2 years in the U.S. Navy. I simply go online to have a good time and meet new people. The reason I joined this website was to learn how kids do what they do and how to prevent it. And just to learn something I know nothing about so perhaps I can help folks like yall are helping me. While I respect what you have to say, I also thank you for your help your tips and your knowledge. It just seems to me that everytime Ive seen someone ask questions about being booted , lots of people are quick to say stop being *******s!. Some of us aren't were just trying to have a good time like everyone else. Thank you once again for your tips and comments you guys and gals are a lot of help and I really appreciate yall helping me understand something i dont.

Please don't missunderstood what I said ..
    I've got booted some times even when I'm not doing anything.. in chat room.
    Hope you understand just suggestion though..and I'm not trying to say you are not nice person

Cheerss

No offense taken, And I do appreciate everyones suggestions. Heck I learn something here everyday. Gonna try the trillian thing also. this site and you folks are awsome!!!!!!!!! Thanks again.

cheers 50 times over!