9 42.86%
  • No

11 52.38%
  • i dont care

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOL? Try AOLHELL

Angry AOL? Try AOHELL

I've tried and tried but I can't delete AOL off of my system. I've called them and I've emailed their admin and their CS Reps. but nothing works. I'm trying to clear my system out and save what I need because I'm converting to Linux(long live Redhat). Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I love pizza...........Do you?

Ok, I used to work for AOL (shoot me). I can't remember exactly what they are but there are registry keys you have to remove. Call tech support again and ask them what they are. Sorry I couldn't be more helpfull.

-gunder

p.s. make sure you remove all of their dial up networking connections.

THIS might give you some help.

Here's another site with a ton of info.

Good Luck.
    Cheers:
    DjM

I know this is a little off the subject (but its def not worth starting a thread)

Anyone remember AOHELL (the 1st AOL add-on / prog)

Ahhhh- the memories ;-)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

lol... those wonderful AOL IM-b0mbers... room b0mbers and everything... those were pretty sweet back in the day.
    Analog = Classical
    Digital = Techno

Originally posted here by gunder
    Ok, I used to work for AOL (shoot me). I can't remember exactly what they are but there are registry keys you have to remove. Call tech support again and ask them what they are. Sorry I couldn't be more helpfull.

-gunder

p.s. make sure you remove all of their dial up networking connections.
    Jen....AOL is a BITCH to get rid of.....you're going to RedHat anyway so just wipe the box IMHO and be done with it.

I agree with Ratman.Save any important text/pictures and stuff that you may not be able to replace on a CD/floppy,and get rid of the rest.Linux comes with a ton of little toys,a bunch of different text editors,media player,and all that good junk,so you don't need to worry about that stuff.And most any other kind of software you'll be able to find on an open source download page somewhere.That's one of the great things about Linux.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

So far, I've done all of that. I dunno what else to do!!!

Search your registry for America Online,AOL, remove these keys. Also remove the windows component for internet services from add/remove programs/windows setup, also remove the aol net adapters from the network control panel, should do the trick. You should really just reformat the whole drive and then install linux.... my 2 cents.

*crawls back into the shadows...

*screaming* i think i'm gonna launch my pc out the window. NOTHING WILL WORK!! I can't even defrag!