Thread: Windows IIS

Windows IIS

OK ladies n' germs i'm in a bit of a pickle. I want to install IIS on my windows xp pro box so that i can set up my own FTP server and i'm a n00b when it comes to servers and how they operate so IIS is pretty much the only way I know to run a decent FTP server, or any kind of server from a windows box for that matter. Now, here's the pain in the behind part: when i attempted to install it, it wanted my windoze CD...which I no longer have :|. SO...I was wondering if there was anybody out there that knowz where I can swipe the necessary files that are needed for me 2 install it, or if perhaps they could send them 2 me personally *gives reader a hopeful pitiful puppy dog look* :P. Also, I was wondering if there are any tutorials or papers out there that could fully explain to me how servers operate, what they need to run, whats involved etc etc. Any input would be helpful, thanks

Im afriad to say I only have the Windows 2k Professional CD or else I would send you the files. I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to ask around in your school to see if anyone has an XP pro cd. Your not going to need the serial number.

dont have your xp cd? I suggest using serv-u or another 3rd party app.
    Get serv-u here

If all you want is a decent FTP program just use FTP serv-U. Fast and user friendly. Have it up in a matter of a min or two and don't need the extras that IIS uses.

I personally like G6 which can be found Here
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here