TCPDump/Libpcap Trojaned?

Thread: TCPDump/Libpcap Trojaned?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

TCPDump/Libpcap Trojaned?

I've been out of whack this week due to a cold and marking so I might have missed this earlier but noticed someone on Bugtraq commenting on this article that appeared on Slashdot earlier this week.

What seems to be of interest is that TCPDump et al may not have been informed?!

Either way, you might want to re-check/re-compile your versions of tcpdump/libpcap.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

the was a post here a 2 days ago with links to the trojaned source. the links are no longer reachable...so i think someone knows!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hrmmm. Well, the slashdot article has linkes to the Houston Linux User Group (HLUG) who apparently discovered it. And I checked mine but don't seem to have the trojan and I'm sure I downloaded it from tcpdump.

I apologize for the re-post as it were. What seemed to be the issue from Bugtraq was the lack of informing tcpdump about the trojan before telling the world as it were.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage