Thread: 211.x.x.x Not Found

211.x.x.x Not Found

Maybe it's just me, but I notice that IP numbers beginning with 211 on my Zonelog are usually listed as "Unknown". Is there a reason for this?
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

what are the other two octets that follow 211? or is it any?

if it's always a specific subnet that you're pinging, then maybe that's it. however, if it's just 211.<anything>.<anything>.<host>, then there's certainly something i'm completely in the dark about there.

strange, when i try to ping 211.0.0.1, i get "Reply from 210.145.230.62: TTL expired in transit."

it could just be my imagination, but i don't think 210.145.230.62 is 211.0.0.1
    i will shoot you so hard.

Unfortunately I delete my Zonelogs at the end of every month, but just for example, this month the IP's ranging from 211.46.39.x to 211.244.234.x all register as "Unknown". I should clarify myself. IP's beginning with 211 are not the "only" numbers that come up as "Unknown", however, they do seem to be the most frequent. Other ranges include IP's beginning with 61.x.x.x and 210.x.x.x. I'm just don't understand why the 211 range always stands out.

For example, many people have gotten spammed by e-mail from 211.*.*.* and 218.*.*.* domains that are not in the DNS.
    http://www1.umn.edu/oit/newsletter/0..._itn/spam.html

Here's a little something I Found searching "ip address" "211" on google.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject, but if some of these IP's such as 211 and 218 cannot have a reverse look-up done on them, wouldn't they be an ideal weapon for someone who was intending to cause trouble?