Thread: problems with word 2000 need help

Banned

problems with word 2000 need help

I have problems with word 2000

Word will not open. It freezes and I have to Ctrl,Alt and
    Delete. When doing this the computer tells me that the
    system resourses are dangerously low. NEED HELP.

paladin

First step I would take would be to delete (or rename if you prefer) the normal.dot file. If this file is missing word will autmatically re-create it when it is started, but if it is corrupted it can cause word to hang on startup or other strange behavior.
    If you receive something that says \'Send this to everyone you know,\' pretend you don\'t know me.

Good advice magnoon. paladin: How much RAM do you have? What OS are you using? Have you updated to the latest version of Office 2000? It is available from the windows update page if you haven't. Have you tried rebooting? (I know it seems silly, but many times people receive this error because the page file needs to be refreshed. The only way to do this efficiently is to reboot.)
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Banned

RAM

t2k2

tHIS IS My Friend's laptop

It's got 256 ram, crappy OSWindows ME, , updated office 2000............

paladin

lol, if it's crappy windows , why don't u go for linux.

and even if u r a ms win familiar os user, linux mandrak looks friendly and easy to use.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Yes paladin ME was crap,

But how did you go with the advice? what magnoon has recommended has worked for me many times..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

try also to get the patches for the office I had the same problem but with the patch it fixed it
    assembly.... digital dna ?

Ohh, I know the fix...
    Upgrade to Office XP. My friend Bill tell me that all the versions before XP had bugs in them but, this time they got it right!
    Oh and this thing below will work too. Good advice magnoon!

First step I would take would be to delete (or rename if you prefer) the normal.dot file. If this file is missing word will autmatically re-create it when it is started, but if it is corrupted it can cause word to hang on startup or other strange behavior.

Originally posted here by Washedupadmin
    Ohh, I know the fix...
    Upgrade to Office XP. My friend Bill tell me that all the versions before XP had bugs in them but, this time they got it right!
    For troobleshooting, MS apps many times, what Magnoon describes as a solution should do the job... As for Office XP and being a MS oriented tech... I can say one thing... Microsoft will always give me job... since there is no such thing as a MS apps without any bugs...

Like I've heard in the past... Microsoft, it's not a bug, it's a feature !

Good luck !

Ooohhh... and if the deleting the normal.dot file don't work... It's always a good thing to run an antivirus software on your computer !

Banned

Thanks

Thanks Guys

Did what magnoon
    suggested and it work fine ...

Silly normal.dot file was corrupted

Paladin