Thread: 1940..or before?

1940..or before?

Hi guys,
    Take a look at the following insert and tell me if we should be gratefull or what?I personally think we have a lot to be thankfull for.We have the latest technology,convenient lifestyles etc...All we have to do is make the most of it and yet we still complain just about everything.I dedicate this article to our senior citizens and may they be blessed.

“We were born before television,penicillin,polio shots,frozen foods,cotact lenses and videos.We lived before radar,credit cards,dishwashers,tumble driers and electric blankets.We thought fast food was what you eat at lent and a Big Mac was a oversized raincoat.For us time- sharing meant togetherness,hardware meant bolts and nuts and software was not even a word.In our days grass was mown,coke was kept in the cole shed,a joint was a piece of meat you ate on a Sunday and pot was something you cooked in.The term “making out “meant how did you do in the exams!.We must be a hardy bunch if you think of the way in which the world has changed, and the changes we had to make.!The best is yet to be.....

So are we fortunate and gratefull?Yeah I think so, if not we should be.
    Hope you enjoyed it.

Regards
    vanman
    Practise what you preach.

also, they didnt think working at a restaraunt was torment, they thought of it as oppurtunity, i work at a fast food restaraunt part time and go to college full time, i actually like my job its easy and the people i work with are nice.

lol this thread reminds me with another old thread was about.

new generation, they don't believe that this fat guy jhone travolta was the best dancer
    and that michial jackson was black
    etc.

anyway, they don't know how to live without a car or pc etc. kids now days live a real fansy life althoug i'm not that old, but life move fast
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

They should thank us for making life much easier...lol, just joking.
    I think they were pioneers in their own right just as we are now.
    Practise what you preach.

This could turn into a nostalgia thread very easily. I was born in 1945, before a lot of those things mentioned came to pass, so I'm close. Trading stamps weren't mentioned. I'm still using a Zippo lighter I got for a book of S&H green stamps.