How to properly report an site violating TOS

Thread: How to properly report an site violating TOS

How to properly report an site violating TOS

I found a web site that is in violation of the free host's Terms of Service. It is a message board containing hacking/cracking posts, it is nothing like this site, where script kiddies sign up and get banned. This particular site is a script kiddie haven. It is littered with posts and replys on how to hack hotmail excetra. I will not post the link for obvious reasons.

I have visited the main page where you sign up for the service. They no longer offer free hosting, however in their contact section i found this:

Spam, Copyright Issues, and User Complaints:

We want Stormloader to be 100% legal. If you know of a Stormloader user who is breaking the law in any way possible, please send an email to webmaster@stormloader.com and we will respond as quickly as possible. Please include the url of the offending site and corresponding details. We will not be able to correct the problem without this important information. We thank you for your help in this matter.
    I am going to email the webmaster to report the site in violation, however I do not know how to properly word it. I had reported a cracking/warez site before but was unsucessful and I would asume it is my wording, or them not takeing me seriously.

How would I word such a complaint/report? I.E. what subject do I use, excetra

Can someone please give me advice.
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~

why don't u mail the webmaster asking him if there's any e-form to be used.
    or if there's a special format for the report.....
    i don't know , but it sounds a bit stupaid, if they need a report for somthing , then just let it be ... why there should be anything special about it !!!!
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Well one of the best ways to word things is to read their TOS and then inform them of the TOS paragraph number then a direct quote from the site. Be very specific, if you just say they are not living up to the TOS will do little good. I would also use your real email address, complaints from hotmail, yahoo accounts my not be viewed as being a ligit complaint.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

thank you, I have sent the report, which I hope was worded ok. I never before thought of includeing the part of the TOS into the email but I thank you for that idea. I will work on my writeing skills. I think I need to spell check more often when sending formal reports and/or complaints to organizations.

Two weeks ago I reported someone when Snort detected a port scan, and viewing my Firewall loggs confirmed the scan. I found a site that explained how to properly report such an event. I guess I started takeing on a more mature, profesional aproach since I started hosting my own site, as security is more of a concern for me now and has made me more aware.

Thank you everyone.

Regards,

ele5125
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~