Does anyone know of....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know of....

Question Does anyone know of....

does anyone know of any good herbal remedies to help with brathing troubles and congestion? i'd look on google or something, but my school blocks google and most other search engines, and also blocks all the sites that yahoo came up with. can anyone help me out here?
    I love pizza...........Do you?

Banned
    From http://www.siliconvalleyguru.com/CC/...5&SubCatid=196

1) Boil 2 tablespoon fennel seeds (saunf) in 1 cup water till it is reduced to half. Filter. Take 1 tablespoon every morning and evening for a few days.

2) Add to litre of boiling water, 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain) powder along with 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder. Let it cool. Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture along with 1 teaspoon of honey

3) To relieve a cough or congestion, use a steam inhalation of sage and eucalyptus. Simmer a small handful each of sage and eucalyptus in one and a half quarts of water in a covered pot for five minutes. Let sit for five minutes, remove the lid, and then make a towel tent over the pot, and inhale the steam for ten to fifteen minutes.

4) Grind teaspoon mustard seeds (sarson) to a smooth paste. Mix with honey and eat.

5) Mix equal quantities of mustard powder (sarson) and rice flour. Add some water and boil until it reaches a paste - like consistency. Spread on a handkerchief and foment the chest while it is still bearably hot.

6) Mix 1 teaspoon camphor (kapoor) in cup slightly warmed coconut oil and apply on the chest.

This is six things that I found about congestion. I hope they help you feel better.

These are remedies my brother suggested.

For congestion. Get a steam humidifier and add eucalytus extract to it.

For throat cough and congestion. Tea (good tannic laden tea not herbal stuff since the tannins are supposed to do something for you), 1 tsp honey (coats and soothes throat), 1 tsp Peppermint shnapps (numbs throat, peppermint helps slightly with nasal congestion).

I take it from your post you probably can't purchase alcohol but I know that the tea is one of the better cough suppressents but you have to keep sipping it and resist increasing the schnapps
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

any opiate/anyhting made from Opium (Vicodin, Morphine, demerol, Heroin, oxycontin (3 doses of Morphine in a time release pill) Codiene, and pure opium.) are excellent cough suppressents, and be careful, they constipate you, and the stronger ones will make you fel wayyyyyyy good, so youll wanna watch how much you take, most cough syrups have codiene in em anyway though. the other poster was right about the tea to, and there is a way to make Opium tea. =)

Actually I'd visit a doctor and make sure the problem is not Asthma, in which case other treatment would be called for. Diffculity in breathing and a wheeze and no cold is a good warning of other problems.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Best bet for nasal congestion is Jalapeno's. To relieve a cough tea with HONEY and LEMON. Very important to add honey and lemon to the tea. And yes jalapeno does clear up congestion if you are wondering.
    Alright take it ease

I see people are using this site to spread their negs. So be careful your own home remedies are now being judged and if found wanting anonymously negged.

By the way I have it on cowardly advice (won't sign their neg) that my remedy doesn't work even though it did for me so use it at your own risk.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

i got a mesage asking about opium actually working but no name was left to reply so im gunna post a bit of info here for whoever that was and because its interestinf the rest of you may enjoy it to=) before i start this im wanna say, yes Opium works excellent on the fallowing : Depresseion (it was the worlds first anti depressent used, back a few hundred years ago opium was put in the wine at funerals because its actually proven to take away grief and depression) Opium and Opiates are still the number 1 pain killers anywhere (along with taking away bad thoughts and making suicidal people happy and killing grief it also takes away pain both ohysical and mental) Opium also makes you consyipated so has also been used for people with diarhia (sp?) and opium also is a cough suppressent which is why mosy cough syrups used to contain codiene and some prescription cough meds still do (kinda makes you wonder why the only down side to this drug is its addictive nature why its not still legal, it was made illiegal around 1940 and yet ciggaretts which have nicotine, which nicotine is more addictive than heroin, is ok as long as your 18, alcohol is also addictive and iv never heard anyone smoking Opium and beating there wife and kids but i have heard people getting drunk and doing it, alcohol impairs your ability to drive, Opium studies have shown anyone in a car accident was also drunk when it came to what drug they were on, i myself have driven on demerol, it wasnt difficult but id never drive drunk and also for me anyway opiates like vicodin, morphine, percocet, oxycontin, opium, codeine, actually improve my concentration and make me happy and hyper, not tired) when i had to get a GED because high school was taking to long and i wanted to start college, i took vicodin everyday before the test and passed em, the one test i forgot to take vicodin before ( i was out) i failed and had to retake, when i retook the test i took 1,000 mgs and passed it, youll notice that imnot mentioning heroin, well, thats because i know it feels so good that i shouldnt do it ever, i had a friend try it once, he said that it was like having a 6 hour orgasm....im never doing that, now onto the copy and paste of a lil bit about opium :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Opium
    The dried milky juice of unripe seedpods of the opium poppy (Papavera somniferum). The chief constituents of opium are the alkaloids codeine, papaverine, noscapine, and morphine, from which heroin is synthesized.

Morphine
    The most effective painkiller known is morphine (C17H19NO3H2O), isolated from the juice obtained from unripe seed pods of the opium poppy. Apparently morphine changes the perception of pain even when the pain itself is not much diminished. For this reason, the drug is valuable in medicinal practices. Unfortunately, it is addictive, and the body builds up a tolerance to it, so larger and larger doses may be necessary to provide the same relief from pain. The drug also depresses the function of the brain center that controls respiration; large doses of morphine (or of heroin, a very similar molecule) can kill by causing respiratory arrest.

Codeine
    An alkaloid drug (C18H21NO3) derived from opium. A narcotic with effects like those of morphine, codeine is prescribed as an analgesic, cough suppressant and hypnotic.
    (a note from me, 10 % of codeine is turned into Morphine when its processed in your brain)

Papaverine
    A nonaddictive opium derivative (C20H21NO4) used medicinally to relieve spasms of smooth muscle.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    here are some sites to also visit:

http://opioids.com/timeline/

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/opiates/opiates.shtml

http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Biology...s/Opium_Poppy/

"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution-then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise."
    ALDOUS HUXLEY
    1894 - 1963
    i agree, 100%

gore,
    You know way to much about that drug to be healthy!
    \"I can resist everything, except temptation.\" - Oscar Wilde

lol, no im fine, i just was very curiouse so i studied it (ok ok so i had some hands on training to ) but it was so interesting how one lil pill got rid of my back pain so easy so i studied how it worked and learned alot.