IM with Exchange 2k?

Thread: IM with Exchange 2k?

IM with Exchange 2k?

we got exchange 2000 instant messanging up and running today. but can't for the life of me get a client configured that will do both exchange and passport accounts. well the 2.2 version gets them both, but that has allot of holes in it.

ive tried installing and upgrading it but as soon as i reboot it will only recognize the passport servers and not exchange. On their support site thay claim it will work, but so far i cant find out how.

has anyone had this problem before
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I run exchange2k but have never seen that issue as we use jabber for our IM. I'm not sure what all you have tried so here are some articles that might help.

from support.microsoft.com

kb270887 - try connecting to exchange first if not already doing so. doesn't mention which versions are compatible.

KB264472 - good things to know how to set.

KB327810- not sure what OS you are running on the desktop.

KB326053- again, may not apply if not using xp.

ok the client that comes with exchange2k is ver2.2 it works fine on both exchange and passport. ive tried the newer version from the support site, which they claim will work on both. At first i thought it was because im running win2k on my mach, although i followed the link to the 2k version. so i tried it on an xp box. same thing!?! when i reboot i loose the ability to log on to the exchange server....go figure!

if it wasn't for the fact that a large percentage of the messages will be coming from remote locations i wouldn't worry about it. i'd just use V2.2 internally

thank you for your efforts. sorry i didn't post more information up front. ill check out the reg setting in the morning...thanks again!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”