Thread: Network Neighborhood-like DOS Command

Question Network Neighborhood-like DOS Command

I was wondering if anyone knows a DOS command/utility that will list what I see in Windows Network Neighborhood? The nearest thing I know of is nltest, but that only lists DCs and trust relationships and the like. Any help would be much appreciated!

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I'm not exaclty sure if this is EXACTLY what you need, but try NBTSTAT.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Another would be netstat followed by like -? other commands from the prompt. Funny thing that blinking cursor after the OS outside Windows, is an entire Universe was a time when everything was done on a blank screen with a command prompt. LOL
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

When I navigate to our domain in Network Neighborhood, I have a list of all the servers in the domain (the workstations do not show up.) I am looking for a command where I could type
    command [domain]
    and the output would be the same list of servers.
    NBTSTAT gives me a list of local connections to my PC but not all the visible machines on the network, or maybe I just have a switch wrong...
    Or maybe this is something I'll have to write myself.

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    I got this from my DOS prompt. Is this relevent to what you're looking for?.

C:\WINDOWS>netstat help

Displays protocol statistics and current TCP/IP network connections.

NETSTAT [-a] [-e] [-n] [-s] [-p proto] [-r] [interval]

-a Displays all connections and listening ports.
    -e Displays Ethernet statistics. This may be combined with the -s
    option.
    -n Displays addresses and port numbers in numerical form.
    -p proto Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto; proto
    may be TCP or UDP. If used with the -s option to display
    per-protocol statistics, proto may be TCP, UDP, or IP.
    -r Displays the routing table.
    -s Displays per-protocol statistics. By default, statistics are
    shown for TCP, UDP and IP; the -p option may be used to specify
    a subset of the default.
    interval Redisplays selected statistics, pausing interval seconds
    between each display. Press CTRL+C to stop redisplaying
    statistics. If omitted, netstat will print the current
    configuration information once.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

try "net view" it'll show servers and workstations as long as their NT and above. no 9x.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thanks a lot Tedob1. Exactly what I needed!

Another example of users not having enough privlages. The servers you are or have access to are usually mapped as drives. Be aware that even internally any probes scans may or will be seen by net sys admin. In the past I could wach them real life in a GUI, bad stuff internal or external was alwas color coded as red. Given the present employment picture have you been asking how to get past net privlages and if so why? You are paid to do your job and most employers do have some sort of you go to school get this grade we pay for it or will in some way back your quest for knowledge eh? Just remember everything you do on a company system now days is "KNOWN".
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg