Thread: I've heard some weird things...:\

Developer Extraordinar

I've heard some weird things...:\

With the news of AO selling I've heard some pretty weird stories. Some of which came from some AO members, some came from either former members. I don't have the log, but one person said it was being shut down by the gocernment, somone else said The FBI told JP to shut it down, and I've heard that JP dosn't want to sell, someone is forcing him to. Here is what I think...

Jp is selling becasue of what JP told us. He want to do more research. Nothing else. Please don't make up stuff. Please might think it's true. I'd just like to put in my 0.02 before I go to bed.

Good-night

MicroBurn

PS, JP, good luck.

Whatever the reason is, it's JP's website and I don't care why. Whatever he chooses to do, he does. I highly doubt he is being "shutdown" when JP also used to teach his hacker tracking techniques at CIA headquarters, etc (did my homework ). I highly doubt it is true, whoever told that probably wanted to cause controversy or stir something up. We all believe and know that JP is selling it and not being forced.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Everyone, JP included, has changing goals during their lifetime. Challenges that intrigue you today will bore you tomorrow when you've mastered them. Sometimes you get a chance to move on to more challenging pursuits and you can either move on or sit with your feet in the same position they've been pointing for however long it's been. Having said that, and taking into consideration what JP has already accomplished, i am confident that his next project is way above most of our levels. The interoperability built into AO is way above par and i'm sure JP has about run out of things he could add in the way of complicated coding to the site. Good luck JP, and thanks for the community you've built and all the resources we have access to now, that we didn't have before. You've paid your dues, good luck in whatever you are looking at for your next project. Keep in touch, right?

First off you must first understand the History of this site (look to the archives for that). In short JP started this site when in college mostly because someone win nuked him off of a chat channel. Out of this was birn this site and it evolved. Gonna nix the web and Urban legends it's not about selling out, but JP efforts do deserve a profit from his passion. He is where many young women and men find their self. I cannot even begin to explain his efforts and hours he has put into this site but they are years of little sleep and constant patching, programming. Perhaps it is nothing more or less then a man (could have been a woman also) now seeing while all of this is great stuff that they want a life outside a keyboard, monitor and intrusion attempts now a rather small link off the main page. Hard work be it what ever sex pays off at some point most wish before they die. So let JP have a life devote the time to research cause he has forgotten more then many here have even learned and if he can pay his bills and life as he defines as being comfort then after almost 10 years I can say he has earned it. Research lets him have a life called 8 hour day other 16 are for family friends and passion. Hold the rumor mill and this thread only gives more birth to nonsense. With age one makes good choices..err well mostly
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

You know what facinates me most is why!!!can't people see the sun shining over somebody else's head.I think he has done very well with this site and you have to broaden your horizons and look to the future.All this press propaganda and personal stories that goes around man I personally can't understand them.

From me personally may you be blessed and prosper in your future JP. Ignore all this negativity.You were great and still is,that's what made this site no1!!!!!

regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

I honestly don't understand why people can't just take things as they are. Does it make one damn bit of difference either way why the site is being sold? No matter the reason, it's happening, and wondering and questioning and prognosticating isn't going to make any difference. No offense Microburn

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Developer Extraordinar
    I know, I'm was just saying, People might believe that the FBI is shutting JP down, when, it's most likely that their not, JP IS Moving on as and chaining goals as The Old Man said. I'm just saying that why would JP be shut down, and I had to get it off my chest, becasue the stories were annoying me, and I was wondering, did people believe this. And I just wishpeople would noy make up stories.Anyways, school time. And Deb, Non taken'. Also I don't believe the stories are true.

MicroBurn

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    The FBI is confiscating AO and the CIA is selling it to fund a new research project of the NSA. And the person on here as JP now isn't actually him, its a DOD dude that is selling the site.

Who gives a ****? There will be rumors and more rumors and then some more rumors. There always is around a place like this. It doesn't matter why it is being sold. It just is.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman