Thread: Animals,People..and the festive season??

Animals,People..and the festive season??

Greetings all,
    The festive season is just around the corner and I was wondering how you guys felt about the issue of cruelty against animals? The one thing that concerns me most is people that go on holiday, and their animals are left behind to look after themselves. I mean why do you get a pet, and then only look after it when it suits you. After all they really do not ask a lot. They are always happy to see you, comfort you and are even prepared to look after your place. I think the least that people can do is to see to it that they are properly cared for while being away.

The other thing is the all-important question of fireworks? Animals have a very good sense of hearing and I think the least we can do is to use this stuff at a place where it is not affecting them too much. And then you get these pigs that use these things on animals and think it is one hell of a joke. A joke!!!!!!!!!!!They should do it to them and see how they feel about it. One of my friend’s houses nearly caught fire when they shot a rocket into the air and by the time this thing got to the ground it was not fully burnt out. Luckily he was still awake and put it out. This thing landed on his grass roof. Hey man this kind of behavior to use it in residential areas should be dealt with very seriously.

Let’s try and help our four legged friends so that they can also see the New Year, and try and keep this stuff out of residential areas. I am sure there is a lot of suitable places for fireworks that can be used without causing discomfort to people and humans alike.

Please tell me how you feel about issue.
    Regards
    vanman

just correcting my last sentence"discomfort to people and animals alike"Sorry!!!
    Practise what you preach.

I have two dogs one is a German Sheperd the other a Cocker Spaniel. I have six foot high fences all around my backyard, I did this because kids were constantly coming into my yard to look at my Sheperd and also to protect them.(the dogs) from racoons and foxes. On the fourth of July they are kept in totally and on Halloween also so the Sheperd doesn't get nervous and aggressive.When they go in the woods or up the mountain with me they are on leash They are well fed and groomed and trained(especially the Sheperd) When we go away we have someone come here at the house to take care of them. Or as my friend said " OHH to be one of your dogs". The only time I was guilty of throwing cherry bombs on the fourht of July was at a neighbor's yard who was very nosey and arrogant and he had no animals and if he had I wouldn't have done it Auntie
    For hundreds of years the brain was physically capable of the thoughts of a Galelio or an Aristotle among people who had not yet learned to count to ten. Much of that equipment is still unused and waiting.

I agree with u Vanman! I too had a cocker spaniel ages back. And am an ardent pet lover. They are more faithful then humans, they are genuinely happy to c u, and i dont know if u believe me, they can actually understand you. I mean if u're feeling low or depleted, a dog is able to understand that. At least my dog could. he wud always try to get me out my slump!
    He was my best pal! anyways, IMO, pets are afraid of noise, so make sure, u care for them as much as they do for u. They're a man's best friend!
    Mind intentionally left blank...

I have a Bull Mastif/Akita mix(Robo) and a black and tan German Shepard(Rommel) both about two and a half years old, and I have to say they are the most spoiled animals on the face of the earth. They eat Eukanuba (do a price check.It's about a dollar a pound), they have 80 acres of fenced in yard to run around and chase the variety of critters in this area, they're always current on vaccinations and their 6 mo. heart worm shot, and they take up a bigger portion of my bed than I do. They're never left at home alone either. If I can't find someone to keep them company for the day, or they can't go with me(assuming the weather's not too hot), I don't go.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

I have 5 cats and think that any cruelty towards animals is intolerable!

I have a sign on my house that advises any emergency departments to save my babies at all costs! We never leave them alone overnight, only while at work. They are like my children and we get pet sitters whenever we are going to be away for more than a day.

People that are cruel to animals should have the same done to them only 10 times worse because essentially animals are helpless against humans. A young boy here set fire to a cat and the court attempted, as a part of his sentence, to have him work at the humane society here. Of course the humane society refused. Can you imagine, he would have access to dozens of animals to satisfy his sick obession.

I have a lot more empathy for animals of all types than I do for a lot of humans. Animals do what they do as a matter of instinct. They don't intentionally harm anyone, they provide unconditional love. How many people in society can boast of that?

My cats are my life, my best friends, my children, my companions and I would never let any harm come to them ever. I would kill anyone that harmed them.

I can't believe I forgot to mention my kids....Bulterrier called Butch..8years old/Maltese poodle called Krummel(don't laugh he..he..)..14years old,cat called Chinsy..six months../, parrot called Rosy..2y/old(love bird) and a african grey that's just visiting.

I could open up a zoo,lol...
    Practise what you preach.