Thread: whats the best virusscan/firewall?

Question whats the best virusscan/firewall?

i have PC-Cillin 2000, and its only a virusscan with real time scan. i download the latest pattern files almost everyday, and sometimes the real time scan finds trojans, however wen i do the manual scan it finds nothing, and it comes with no firewall. can anyone tell me whats the best virusscan product to buy in the market right now? something that preferably comes with a firewall too.

Previous discussion.

Hope that discussion helps you.

Antiy Ghostbusters Professional Edition

Trojan Remover + Mini Firewall + Security Toolkit

Antiy Ghostbusters Professional Edition download link

As jehnx said this has been disscused way to many times a simple search and you would of found the answer
    for you

and my 0.02p for all that it matters is that any AV and firewall software is only as good as it's updates so if you update regulary and visit your firewall's home page for updates and patches you should be fine

IMO there is no better AV (because AV software is only as good as it's updates) but agnitum or keiro is about the best win firewall's i have used

so if your not using agnitum or keiro i suggest you download one or the other this is just my opinion
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

I agree about the antivirus. You can check the test results of the various makers, but I don't think they matter that much. Keep your av updated and maybe even run an online scan from one of the other makes periodically. As for firewalls, agnitum, kerio and sygate are good. Firewalls, too, depend on stayin current. Check occasionally for a newer version and stay on top of it. There isn't much else to do other than leaving the computer turned off.

Suggestions

i have used amny virus scanners and the best i found so far is AVG i recommend it...as for firewalls i never trusted just one ...i run at least 2 at a time..i have used a few that i recommend such as neo watch and neo tracer, zone alarm, sygate..there are a few others...i run 2 because one may have a backdoor so the other "might" catch what the ohter misses...no firewall is 100% safe...dont be fooled...keep your virus scan updated at all times...i have a server that if i infect you it will shut down your virus scan and firewall so you need to make sure it would be detected upon download....get the point...

assassination_productions

yeah.. i remember a not so recent worm that was transmitted by e-mail.. it disables the AV and Firewall and sends itself to the contacts on ur Outlook Express address book

It's a gas!
    Well on my windows box i use Norton Internet Security, which consists of NAV 2002 and Nortons personal firewall which has done the trick for me, automatic update for the AV s/w and a VERY easy to configure firewall, hard to wrong really!

But as prodikal mentioned, your AV and firewall s/w is only as good as your last update, so it is vital that you update as often as possible.

Just my 2p worth.

Cheers

r3b00+