Super Computer

Thread: Super Computer

Super Computer

I found this article interesting. The title is misleading and draws you in but the statistics for these computers shows where we are heading.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...485578,00.html

Now I know what is beyond terabytes at least. My first thought was that these would be the ultimate gaming machines but realized that their video card probably sucks. Still they would make a fantastic MMORPG or FPS server. Too bad they are wasting them on Nuclear simulations and other Government tripe
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

That's cool stuff, I was just reading on CNN or maybe MSNBC about the ASCII Purple being used to keep track of the nation's nuclear stockpile, the article said that the comp would be able to model in 3d the first one millionth of a second of a nuclear explosion. . .
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

lets hope we never see that... but... sounds pretty tiiiiiiiiight to be able to model it. lol

The gov is probably gonna tie those two machines into the existing ASCI system which is going to really ramp up their abilites. Actually the ASCI site has a lot of info about the system, including the LONG list of compilers that are installed, as well as various other technical details about the operating system and other thing of the sort.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Wait! They said it used 12,544 IBM Power5 microprocessors -- the same used in Nintendo game systems, right? Well...I've got a Nintendo. And I'll bet at LEAST 13,000 of my fellow AOans have one as well. Do you see what I'm getting at?
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

Iv said it before and ill say it again, they still dont make a computer that would be enough for me, i mean those are really getting close though =) i just love alot of computing power, its a fetish i guess lol.

ehh its good enough to be my server hehehe
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

Fastest comp at this stage is the Earth Simulator in Yokohama
    It has 5,104 total processors and 10Tb mem
    No 2 is Asci white in California with 8,192 IBM processors and 6Tb mem
    Just some trivia
    Regards
    Mike
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

Since these are using chips used in console games do they also use Gamepad inputs?
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"