Having lived 15 miles outside of St. Louis for about 17 of my 20 years on this planet, and having recently moved to the middle of the Mark Twain National Forest in souther Missouri, I found this article to be one of the most amusing things I have seen in a long time.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...eadline=Ozarks'%20oaks%20may%20taint%20air%20here

[extreme sarcasm]
It seems that the Ozark forests are polluting the prestine St. Louis environment(LMAO). To think all these years we thought the pollution in St. Louis was caused by the Monsanto chemical plants, the millions of cars that pass through every day, the hundreds of factories, trash barges that dwarf football fields, landfills, and improperly disposed of chemicals and appliances, but all the while it was those damn trees that were the problem. [/extreme sarcasm]

Give me a damn break. When St. Louis does away with all of the problems listed above, and people are still keeling over from cancer and respritory problems at anywhere near the same rate, then I'll buy that load of crap. I never noticed it when I lived in the area, but I went back up to the area a few weeks back to visit some friends, and the whole area wreaks of car exhaust. I could barely breath that crap after living here for a few months. Whoever proposed this bright idea needs to be tarred and feathered.