Please say thanks
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please say thanks

Thumbs up Please say thanks

With the hollidays comming up and the war on terror in full swing the DOD has set up a site where you can send a Thank you to the member sof the armed forces. Please take a few seconds and go to here and say "Thanks."
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Heh, this is awesome. Finally, I get a chance to thank the people who defend our country and the freedom we have. I just sent one, and I'm happy I did. Thanks for sharing the link with us!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Awesome thread. Happy November/Holidays.
    I love pizza...........Do you?

Hell Yeah. We need to appreciate where we are in life. Thank you very much.
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

thanks 4MidgetHitmen, good idea!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    Hmmm... and you're thanking them for what? Anyone care to enlighten me? The US Army, defending your freedom? Got to love their humor, though.. the 'Your country'-option includes Afghanistan... and Iraq!
    Anyways... just don't get how someone could be willing to sign something just saying 'Dear Member of the U.S. Army' (what member? The one responsible for just having killed an innocent civilian?), 'Thank you for defending our freedom' (Suppose your 'support' gets sent to an ignorant close-minded soldier :s)...
    And no, I don't hate Americans :s

I remember how it was to spend holidays away from home. If we were at home station the entire platoon would all go out to the waffle house for thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. If we were deployed we usually had a big dinner (complements of the us army) and sat around for the rest of the night doing nothing. Looking back it was a small price to pay for our way of life. I think its great to be able to drop a line to the soldiers, to let them know they are appreciated.

Dec. 24 1944- "Battle of the Bulge"-An entire U.S. armored division was retreating from the Germans in the Ardennes forest when a sergeant in a tank destroyer spotted an American digging a foxhole. The GI, PFC Vernom L. Haught, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, looked up and asked, "Are you looking for a safe place?" "Yeah," answered the tanker. "Well, buddy," he drawled, just pull your vehicle behind me... I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going.'

I remember how it was to spend holidays away from home. If we were at home station the entire platoon would all go out to the waffle house for thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. If we were deployed we usually had a big dinner (complements of the us army) and sat around for the rest of the night doing nothing. Looking back it was a small price to pay for our way of life. I think its great to be able to drop a line to the soldiers, to let them know they are appreciated.
    I know the feeling... Out of nearly 7 years in the Aarmy I got to spend one Christmas with my family... My most memorable Christmas in the field was 1985 in Honduras... Our CO's father sent us a Christmas tree (it was only 3' tall but it was ours) and we decorated it with handgrenade pins, M-60 and.50 cal links and lite it with chem lights... We spent Christmas eve sitting in the team house aroud that little tree singing Christmas carols and drinking Jim Beam... I got two frag grenades that year... I agree with you detoxsmurf it is a small price to pay for what we have and I for one am glad that there are those (my wife included) that are willing to get out tehre and do it...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

You have got a good point Negative, but where would we (Americans) be if we didn't have an army? And I truly believe most US soldiers wouldn't kill INNOCENT citizens but also believe a soldier would protect himself when an Afgan were attacking him with an AK-47. (to anyone who is from Afganastan, please don't take that offensively, I am not one of those racist conservative pigs who believes every Afgan is Satan or some stupid crock of **** like that.) Wow, this is a controversy subject.
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

Hey Negative, I'll take a stab at why thank them. First off I grew up in the 60's came of age in the 70's the height of the Viet Nam War. We all hated it I seen older classmates go off get killed, we protested. What we forgot though is all of these people that were killed were drafted into service by law. Sure some including one of our Presedents avoided the draft, or went to Canada but most went at 18...children no choice. We as a country learned from this it is not the people that fight war are to be hated it is to honor them because out of no choice or choice the give back maybe with their life to their country because it is duty and they answered or were called. The people that fight the wars have nothing to do the agendas of men or Nations this is for the people we elect at least here in the US. I have the power of one vote and if you so like I can in the USA history tell you what has changed the course of history on one vote. I may not like the fact the US may make a war I hate the fact but turn my back upon the people called to fight it I will not. I at one time was where you are now..question all take it out on who is the cause not the ones providing the manpower.

Thanks for the thread and I'm off to say my thanks to these men and women, different time and era and my middle son could have been called had there been a draft. (oops net Bush step)
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg