Thread: PCFormat disses AntiOnline

PCFormat disses AntiOnline

This is a rant at THE South African edition of PCFormat mag
    Paging throu the mag i notice a small screen shot of AntiOnline so natch i check it out this is in the middle of an article on Virii or viruses as the author will have it . The heading reads Where does a virus writer learn his craft. Anti Online quote "these guys arent against everybody being online,just every body else there is a active bulletin full of badly punctuated rants and lots of info on latest security loopholes. Then mentions that john was recently been arrested FOR a DOS attack .
    The good guys at virus bulletin can spell and have good grammer
    SHEEESH
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

Hmmm. I think if I was really that worried about grammer I would have majored in literature. ...and what's their point about rants and loopholes being posted?Isn't that
    the purpose of security sites?
    About the DoS attack, if your post is accurate and it says he was arrested for it, but doesn't say he was convicted for it then so what. You don't have to do a damn thing to be arrested for doing it, if he wasn't convicted then it means there wasn't enough evidence to prove anything, and god knows somebody with a big name and hacking knowledge is suspect to false accusations.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    My guess, is that the author of the article against AntiOnline, got some virus that was indirectly discussed at some point on this forum and it crashed his/her personal PC at home, and they couldn't play Solitare anymore...waaaaaa.
    It's not our fault stupidity is contagious amongst mental midgets.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Just for those that dont know. The part about john being arrested was infact part of a charity drive. It was not for anything underhand.
    What realy surprised me was my reaction to the article. It felt as if i was personaly being insulted. A.O has become so mutch a part of me that i am starting to take things like this personly.
    Regards
    Mike
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....