More American 9-11 Exploitation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More American 9-11 Exploitation

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

More American 9-11 Exploitation

This has got to be the most blatent act of exploiting the lives lost in 9-11.
    Anyone care to comment?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2496801.stm
    ==================================================================
    US outrage at 9/11 trading cards

The cards are due to go on sale next month

A Florida manufacturer has caused outrage in the United States with his latest product - a set of trading cards featuring portraits of victims of the 11 September attacks.
    The collection - called Heroes of the World Trade Center - is due to go on sale next month.
    Mayor Bloomberg: 'It's disgraceful'

The media has accused the manufacturer of "desecrating sacred memories" and trivialising the tragedy.

==================================================================
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Most people seen a tragedy. Some seen an opportunity. Hopefully people will see through this charade and understand the insensitivity that lies beneath.
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

Doubtfull, I can see these becoming all the rage. I ust don't see how anyone in their right mind can justify this kinda thing.

It really makes me want to stick a 747 up their ass and see if they wanna make cards about how they got screwed by a boeing.

There is some capitalisation I can tolerate more han others... IE flag sales. Patriotism is measured by flag sales? Ok.... I can handle that. But directly marketing the 9-11 tradgedy has got to make Osama and his boys happy. I can see them now, talking amongst theirselves. Saying "LOOK! Look how EVIL Americans are. Capitalising on our victims". That makes them feel better about what their doing, and makes us look worse.

THC/IP Version 4.2

ugh. money-grubbing people who are completely insensitive to the feelings of others bother me to an unimaginable extent. sure, anyone who knows me says that i apply to the insensitivity thing, i just joke.

anyway, these people are usually the scum of the world. some people like the idea of going on with their lives and trying to forget tragedies. unfortunately, whenever there is a big event, no matter how tragic or wonderful, someone sees this as some opportunity to exploit something and make money.

well, if enough people get outraged, whoever's producing these trading cards just might go bankrupt, so we won't have to hear from them again. *sigh*, most of humanity sucks
    i will shoot you so hard.

these ghouls are a waste of life!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thumbs down

"And out come the wolves.........."

It's not just "money making scams" that have eventuated out of the 9/11 tragedy. It's also being used to slowly take away your civil rights, it's eating away at your privacy and the way you live. All under the banner of patriotism........

we put superman, batman, xmen, athletes, faggy-ass cartoons, etc on trading cards, I think THAT is a waste. I think it's time we worshipped some real heroes, someone who existed, was alive, and now is gone because they made a decision to do something honorable. so what if someone is making money off of it, let him donate it to something worthwhile.. I don't really care, personally, the only reason i would buy something like that is if the money went to something i beleive in. I dont think they are trying to 'desecrate sacred memories' he has permission from all of the families, i don't hear anyone criticizing them for their approval.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Capitalism at it's "best" my friends.
    Clean your finger before you point at my spots. - Ben Franklin

Originally posted here by x acidreign x
    we put superman, batman, xmen, athletes, faggy-ass cartoons, etc on trading cards, I think THAT is a waste. I think it's time we worshipped some real heroes, someone who existed, was alive, and now is gone because they made a decision to do something honorable. so what if someone is making money off of it, let him donate it to something worthwhile.. I don't really care, personally, the only reason i would buy something like that is if the money went to something i beleive in. I dont think they are trying to 'desecrate sacred memories' he has permission from all of the families, i don't hear anyone criticizing them for their approval.

Great point Ac1d.... but do you think for one minuet that money is going to "the familys of the victims." Yeah bullshyt. They may give a small percentage to who-ever, but the fat-cats at the distrobution company will surely be fattening up their wallets. Its sickening to me to think that people are making money as a DIRECT result of 9-11.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Originally posted here by x acidreign x
    I think it's time we worshipped some real heroes
    if by that, you mean all those that died on 9/11, then i think you need to redefine what you classify as a "hero". yes, it was really tragic, and i mean no disrespect to those that died, but they were victims.

if you mean the firefighters and police officers who helped to save lives, then i agree with you. but keep in mind, the ones that lived are heros, too!
    i will shoot you so hard.