Thread: Spooky -background missing - help

Banned

Spooky -background missing - help

Hi Guys, I need help.

I don’t know if anyone else has had the same prob. At work, one of my networked machine has it’s icon background and internet explorer background set to blank or white. Every single web page I go to, the background is missing. I updated my virus checker and found no virus. I also reset my web browser (internet explorer 6) to default. I also reset windows appearance setting to windows standard.

Still has blank background for icons and web page. The only thing visible are the pictures and text.

Strange, what could it be..........................

I am running windows 2000…………..

paladin

No idea. Have you tried re-installing IE6?

this may seem really obvious, but have you tried looking for a setting to disable the background images on a webpage or is there a program such as proxomitron installed that could be disabling the images...

you could also try changing your background and icon backgrounds to a different colour and see if your backgrounds change at all

then theres always the possibility of a silly bug from microsoft in IE6, maybe you could try installing SP1 for it, then if the backgrounds are an absolute must you could try another browser if possible, id recomend opera 6.05 (www.opera.com), i swear by it but the only drawback is that some pages dont work quite correctly, but i guess that is a tradeoff due to microsoft and netscape having their own propritary browser components that many people use and dont think fo people using alternative software

that's insane...it's like....oh wait.....did you by any chance install a program that would disassociate jpg files from being read? then again, doens't IE decode the jpgs independantly?

DAMN that's weird.....good luck on that one, If I were you, I'd take windows out back and shoot it, time to format!

firstly by "icon background " i guess that you mean the desktop?
    check in the accessibility options, see if high contrast or something is enabled. alternatively disable it with alt+shift+print screen. sometimes this can make everything white.
    i wouldn't format _just_ yet.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!