Thread: Help with a virus...

Exclamation Help with a virus...

I need some help with a possible infection... NAV went off with a warning that I had gotten the Download Trojan... NAV blocked access to the file (so it says) and pointed me to the folder where it is supposed to reside...

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BDB250A9-2FEF-4783-A841-OCA813B43184}\RP135\A0035387.src

Now the problem... When I go to the floder I can't open it... I get a message that says the folder is eitehr full or write protected... I have gone to the folder properties and made sure that it isn't marked as read only... I have tryed to delete the whole folder, I have tried to open the damn thing I have scaned the Registry, HDD, everything I can think of... I am runnig Win XP Pro... I am pretty sure that the trojan hasn't been able to do its work... My firwall hasn't poped off any warnings... but for some reason I can't get the damn file off my system... Any hep would be great...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

If NAV caught it, then it should be in your Quarantine. Open up NAV, get into the Quarantine and check there, if you see it, you will also be able to delete it.

Cheers:
    DjM

It didn't get put into the Qurantine... It just denied me access to the file...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

in order to see whats in there you have to view it threw nav. open up the program, go to view and select Qurantine. having a Qurantine folder wouldn't be any good if users could access it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

NOTE: These instructions are for all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.

1. Update the virus definitions.
    2. Run a full system scan, and delete all files that are detected as Download.Trojan.

Maybe by running a full scan again it will put it into quarantine. I use NAV myself, but I'm at a loss as to why this is happening to you. It "should" capture it. E-mail Symantec if it persists.
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)