Thread: What happen to my windows98se

What happen to my windows98se

Ok This is what happen to me. When I try to open drive c windows always ask pop up msg "work offline or try again" but still give me same result pressing either one of the option. And this is what happen when I try to open my document or files. It pop up msg "run time error, do you wish to debug. line 259. error: object doesn't support this property or method" and yes still no different either I press debug or no button. After I press the button and this msg pop u "IsWindows98 LoadStringError". And I need to press ok button to open my document. So this is what I have done after this is happen to me. I clean or my temperory files, temperory internet files, cookies, cache files. Checking my add remove programmed. And what I found is anti-body software. As I remember I never install such thing software. And then I go to registry. I found that anti-body file refered to this c:\windows\hsun32.exe c:\mirc\setup.inf. So I deleted the valued. Oh by the way when I try to uninstall anti-body software using add remove program, it said the file had been remmoved. Ok after that I try to go online and dunno I had very slow connection. And what a surprise I can't type anything in internet explorer. I try to login in ao actually. I thought may be sth wrong with ao server and I go to yahoo.com still I can't type anything. So I reinstall window98se and I find this msg "c:\windows\system\wshom.ocx cannot installed or has beend corrupted". Just press ok and seem like I had installed win98se. So after reinstall win98se the problems pop us msg asking for debug gone but "IsWindows98 LoadString error" pop up msg still and everytime I open my files and I need to press more than 5 times to get rid of it. after that another pop up msg again but I can't read it and I believe windows dunno bout it. But the title is canon. I'm using canon printer. OH forget the title for "IsWindows98 LoadString error" is test.

Ok That I can tell right now. Sorry for my bad english and thank you for an advanced.

Re: What happen to my windows98se

Do format c:/q with a clean win 98 disk[write prot.]

than restart and do fdisk /mbr

Than the setup.
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

did you format and reinstall? seems like all youd need to do is boot from the win boot disk or cd and choose reformat and install and that would take care of it, thats odd though.

kadeng seem like I'm gonna lost all my files. By the way, what is the purpose of format c:/q
    And I why I need to do a fdisk again since I have make a partition already. Did I need to delete all my partition and do in again??

gore
    I tried that already but seem no luck.

Any other advice.But thank q for your opinion. MOstly appreciate.

What youb told us, sounds like your computer is infected for some kind of virus that maybe is in your mbr or something like that, my first shot will be if you can find a good antivirus with the lastest update and scan your puter that will solve your problem if that doesn't work i'll better loose my files or bakup it first and start with a clean install of win98se
    the format c:/q it's for a quick format i won't suggest that but i'll work but i'll suggest a format c:/u/c just in case
    hope that will help you
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

Originally posted here by y2k
    kadeng seem like I'm gonna lost all my files. By the way, what is the purpose of format c:/q
    And I why I need to do a fdisk again since I have make a partition already. Did I need to delete all my partition and do in again??

gore
    I tried that already but seem no luck.

Any other advice.But thank q for your opinion. MOstly appreciate.
    format c:/q[quick format] fdisk /mbr to get rid of any boot-virus[make new boot-record]

you than have a 100% virus-free pc.[but your win 98 boot-disk should alway s been write protected if not some virus could be reinstalled from the disk]

you have now to do the win 98 setup.
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye