Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Opinions Always Negative???

I have to say that it happened to all of us. When your points do not count and you green somebody, it does not say that you negged them. It shows a grey dot it means nothing, who ever that you assigned the point will not gain or loose anything from it. So who ever it is sending you the contact the assigner, do not know what they are doing, or like many others that do not know what it means when somebody give you an assignment with a grey dot. Try to ignore it when they contact you, if you know that you are assigning good points, then there is nothing to feel bad about. Btw, people here already know that it is annoying when they keep receiving that contact thing. So, when they contact you and it says that you have assigned negative, don't worry about it, because you know that you assigned a good one.

I hope this makes you feel better, or give you a better understanding of the system. -ebo

thank you guys,. that really helped
    i thought i was negged outta my life

Hey truly_hacking.. THIS is the thread that I was looking for to PM you about. Glad to see that you've already found it

But just to add to this thread, I had assigned positive points to a post, but it DID lower the score of the poster and showed up as a "negative???" assignment even though it showed a grey box next to it in my antipoint center. This has also happened to me as well...

Oh well such is such and I'm not really too concerned over the dots at the time being (check my mood hehehe), but it was almost a crushing blow when I had tried to do good and assign someone good points for a good post and have it winding up being detrimental...*sigh*
    \"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don\'t Get Sucked Into Jet Engines\"

what a tangled web we weave

hehehe... hey Chainz... I started this thread I assigned truly_hacking a positive. He requested information about by antipoint assinment, and inside his email it said I gave him a negative. He found the thread because I emailed it to him... I too, feel like crap when somebody thinks I negged them when I didn't.
    Mike Reilly
    bluebeard96@yahoo.com

lol and people, that's what's been happening to me, ya see
    You see the grey dot, huh, that's because all the people who tried to positive me, actually negged me, but hey, it did make my AP's go down, well anyway, it's okay !!!

Believe me there is people who will appreciate your comments, regardless if you can give points or not.The fact remains people will appreciate the AP, but comments are just as important.Just by adding or taking away AP'S without a reason why, will not be appreciated.

regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

Dude I had the same thing happen to me where i assigned points but they showed up as negative. I don't think there is anything you can do until you have 50 points. I think that if you explain the you actually gave them positiive points i think they should understand.