November 23rd, 2002, 03:38 PM
11Things to remember about computers
MURPHY'S LAWS OF COMPUTING
1. When computing, whatever happens, behave as though you meant it to happen.
2. When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete.
3. The first place to look for information is in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.
4. When the going gets tough, upgrade.
5. For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.
6. To err is human . . . to blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human, it is downright natural.
7. He who laughs last probably made a back-up.
8. If at first you do not succeed, blame your computer.
9. A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.
10. The number one cause of computer problems is computer solutions.
11. A computer program will always do what you tell it to do, but rarely what you want it to do.
I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?
November 23rd, 2002, 05:19 PM
: When you're seconds away from getting your highest score ever on (insert fave game here), the power will go out.
I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.
(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)
November 23rd, 2002, 06:35 PM
- It's always your only boot disk which is corrupted.
- Each time you receive some pseudo informaticians (so called "good friends"), you lost an element of your pc (or a complete pc sometimes when they want to explain you how to make Half-Life work on a 386).
- The Evil_Destroyer.exe virus version 2.3 is hidden in the Friend_s_Children.exe program. Don't forget it.
- The number one causes of computer solution are computers problems creators.
- Your ISP is always sorry to have some technicals problems when you have an important search to make.
Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--