Mandrake 9 Installation

Thread: Mandrake 9 Installation

Mandrake 9 Installation

I just got done downloading mandrake 9 and was about ready to burn them to cds was wondering what folders go on what cd. The install notes were only for the version if you had purchased mandrake. The ftp was at ftp://raven.cslab.vt.edu/pub/linux/mandrake/9.0/i586/
    If anyone can tell me what folders go on what cd so i can make a clean install that would make my day.
    Good Grief

As there is an autorun.inf file in the root directory of the ftp site you gave I would imagine you burn those files onto cd in exacltly the same directories they are in on the ftp site.

Why don't you download the iso's instead, and you don't have to worry about that at all. Even if you're on a slow connection I think that's gonna take you the least time. After all there are 3 cds... On your ftp server, choose 'iso' instead of '9.0' when you enter the mandrake directory.
    ---
    proactive

Definitely choose the iso instead because then you can burn the iso's to a disk, and then use that disk as an installation for the linux distro (in this case Mandrake). That way, you can make your own Linux Installation CD's. Hope I helped! (Btw, my personal recommendation for Linux would be either Caldera or Redhat. If first venturing into the world of Linux, then use Mandrake.)
    Space For Rent.. =]

Alright I'll try the ISO's since I do know how to burn those to the cds.
    If i find any other information I'll post it so others may view it.
    Thanks guys
    Good Grief