Thread: new popups

Question new popups

In the last day I have gotten 14 different versions of this new popup ad that displays a messenger service ad at the top and is trying to sell me things. It shows up on my desktop with me not being connected to anything other than AOL Instant Messenger. I want to know if there is anyway I can stop this from happening anymore, it is annoying and makes me feel vulnerable.

PS i have ran spyware software and it came up clean.

EDIT: It shows up like a net send would, I am running XP
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

This has been discussed in detail here: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ight=Messaging

This thread also has some tips on how to shut it down.

Cheers:
    DjM

The best advice i can give you, is to go to www.download.com, and search for a popup blocker. I would had offered you a place where you can get it faster and a better one for free, but I have to say that i learned my lesson. Last time i offered my earthlink account to somebody, they abused the privelege. It was stupid for me to do it, but i wish i can be as helpful to you as i was to him. After being warned by so many people on why i gave my account info out, i don't think i will ever do that again. best of lucks -ebo

This isn't a 'pop-up' (like web advertising). It is basically an exploit of the Microsoft "NET SEND" command.

Cheers:
    DjM