wut prog do u compile asm files in?

Thread: wut prog do u compile asm files in?

wut prog do u compile asm files in?

?
    - mike -

You can try TASM .. you can get some info about it and download it here. Hope this helps.

-gunder

there's an asm compiler in the gnu compiler collection..GCC
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Depends which prog they were designed to be assembled in... duuuh.

Different assemblers use (subtly) different syntax. Not to mention that different CPUs have different instructions. Therefore, seeing as .asm is used by many (almost all?) of them, it will be necessary to find out what assembler it was designed to be assembled by.

Start by finding out what CPU the code is for, then try to work out what assembler it's designed for by a process of elimination (that is, if it doesn't say)

Shameless plug: I use the "as" assembler for cross-assembly on to 8 bit microprocessors from my Linux intel box. Get it from here (it won't assemble i386 in any way that is helpful probably) http://john.ccac.rwth-******.de:8000/as/

i use one called 68kasm to compile assembly for the motorola 68000 microprocessor. to run these programs i use something called BSVC, which you can get at www.redlinelabs.com/bsvc. lets you view the contents of the registers and has a cool memory viewer. runs on windows or unix. enjoy...
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

You don't compile assembly code, you assemble it (and link it if you want a working executable).

As slarty said assembly languages is usually tied to both the assembler and the architecture. There is a huge amount of assemblers out their for different systems and architectures, so it would be easier to help if we had that information.