If aol was a town

Thread: If aol was a town

If aol was a town

I thought this was funny and true.

If aol was a town

1. You'd live in a place where no two people had the same name.

2. You'd only pay $21.95 a month to live there, but half the time you tried to leave your house, the door would be stuck.

3. Once you got outside, even if you were in a hurry, you'd be assaulted by slimy little door-to-door sales creeps offering you great AOL 14.4 modems for only $399.99.

4. The commute to work is just a double-click away, but every time you try to leave your driveway, the flow of traffic knocks you back into your yard.

5. The local post office would tell your mother you're not a known resident.

6. The local post office won't forward your mail to you when you move.

7. If you saw a crime and called 911, they'd reply a week later with a form letter saying how you "really are important to us."

8. Every time you went shopping, you'd be kicked out of the store by a bouncer screaming, "WE'RE SORRY, THIS STORE IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE."

9. Whenever you traveled to other cities, people would see your license tag and laugh at you, behind your back.

10. You'd occasionally be sent home during your day by another bouncer telling you that the city has performed an illegal operation.

11. You'd not have any idea who your neighbors are, and most new arrivals would move in at night, stuff everyone's mailbox with garbage, and vacate before sun-up.

12. The administration would build a huge, state of the art park, and allow the kids to play there free, then suddenly start demanding money.

Talking

hahaha! thats a good one. I have used aol before and its really slow.

lol thats a good one!!! :-D
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

Aol are a bunch of spam tossing idiots trying to get people to sign up by throwing there trial cd's around...

Haha good one, AOL is a foney isp that will do anything to get customers or keep customers. They went on T.V and broadcasted their victory over spamming, and ever since it seems like more and more people are spamming, and nobody really stopped. When i check my email, i just click on select all and then delete, because i know it is all a whole bunch of spams. -Ebo

i guess ill add to this, these popped into my head as i was reading this:

every time you tried getting out for a few hours you have to wait for them to send an update for your house over the phone lines.

everytime you got mail, a strange voice would tell you about it from your speakers, regaurdless of what you were playing on them.

everytime you left (after the downloads) a strange voice would say "good bye" and youd never figure out where it came from.

the sound of having 7 addresses for free would sound good when you were purchasing the first, but after a while youd realise it was free because it was just another address to send mail to from people you never heard of offering you vacations.

hmmm, i guess those are ok considering i made em up, enjoy everyone.

those are pretty good. I think most people see the aol commercials and believe the big lie they are saying.

some of you might find this link interesting, a group of people plan to dump 1,000,000 AOL cd's back on AOL's doorstep, send any of your unwanted AOL cd's to them

http://www.nomoreaolcds.com

i would but i took all mine (and a few others i had gotten from others) and put em on my walls and ceiling showing the shiny side and if you point a laser at it itll bounce on the others and looks awesome, and when you look at my wall you see a distorted circular mirror image of everything (very trippy) and i have glow in the dark stars everywhere and on my ceiling fan blades so at night you see a glowing spining spiral on my ceiling=)