Rendlesham File

Thread: Rendlesham File

Rendlesham File

The "Rendlesham File," a document containing all the known details of a 1980 “UFO” sighting in Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk in Easter England, will soon be posted on the Internet.

Apparently there is much debate over what happened there. Some claim an extraterrestrial encounter. Others claim extra light from a nearby lighthouse.

Until now only a select few have been privy to the document.

What can it possible say that can cause such a ruckus?

(I found this out from a reuters article but I couldn’t find it again to give a link, sorry but it didn’t say much more than this.)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I guess quite a few people are anticipating the documents because alot of people (scientists, religous, common folk, etc) are interested in knowing if there is life on other planets. It should be interesting to see the documents and what they saw. However, thats when people start making their own judgements on it and might try something stupid. It would be fascinating (IMO) if there is life on other planets.

EDIT: Where on the internet would they be posting the documents once released?
    Space For Rent.. =]

I would really be fascinated if we were the only life in this colossal universe. And I would be frightened, it could not be "natural" to be alone, lost in the infinity.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

ok, let me refrase this. what in hell happened in Rendlesham Forest? kinda sounds like it might me a british version of roswell. does anyone know the story?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Here is a supposed transcript of a tape of the "incident" i seen something like this exept it happend in russia in the 70's
    they supposedly had a crashed ufo trying to gain information from it for millitary purposes.Any whoo enough babaling here is the link pretty interesting tedob
    http://www.skiesare.demon.co.uk/bentwatr.htm
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

If you ever catch any of those "alien invasion week" shows (or some such) on the Discovery Channel or TLC, they cover it pretty thoroughly on there. Apparently it happened on an American military base and was witnessed by trained, relatively high-level US military personnel who presumably are not likely to make the kinds of mistakes that civilian witnesses might.

There was initially quite a bit of interest from both the American and British governments, but it seems to have been dropped rather quickly. It should be fascinating to see what the document actually contains, but I feel certain that whatever it says will be less than earth shattering. If there is, indeed, information that those governments want kept quiet it will be. If, on the other hand, it contains anything less than confirmation of an alien encounter, believers will scream cover-up.

Either way, it should be interesting but ultimately unsatisfying.

[EDIT]After reading this, I was doing a little research on the subject and ran across this interesting article that may provide a sneak preview of the contents of the report. Apparently, there is some fairly substantial evidence that the object was a local farmhouse and tractor.

http://www.forteantimes.com/articles...ndlesham.shtml
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

Originally posted here by problemchild
    If you ever catch any of those "alien invasion week" shows (or some such) on the Discovery Channel or TLC, they cover it pretty thoroughly on there. Apparently it happened on an American military base and was witnessed by trained, relatively high-level US military personnel who presumably are not likely to make the kinds of mistakes that civilian witnesses might.

There was initially quite a bit of interest from both the American and British governments, but it seems to have been dropped rather quickly. It should be fascinating to see what the document actually contains, but I feel certain that whatever it says will be less than earth shattering. If there is, indeed, information that those governments want kept quiet it will be. If, on the other hand, it contains anything less than confirmation of an alien encounter, believers will scream cover-up.

Either way, it should be interesting but ultimately unsatisfying.
    ... Exactly, and either way the document points to, there will still be conspiracy theories IMHO to make things worse in a sense. It will definitely be interesting to see what the document says and exactly what took place. Hopefully it will all be facts though, and not something off of Sci-Fi.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I hadnt even heard of this up untill you mentioned it tedob.Any way i have been doing more reasearch and came across this website it has an interview with a forest ranger done by the bbc it has the transcript of the tape recorder and a few other article's to check it out an interesting topic tedob you have got me hooked on it

http://www.unexplained.info/director...lesham_forest/
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/