Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copyright

"position a transparent GIF over your actual image so when it is right clicked they are saving the transparent GIF instead of yours."

If a person is using IE and just right clicks somewhere on the page and selects "Images list" would this not list both the gif and the other pic?
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

Yes like said before , there really is no certain way to protect your pictures on a server , but there is a little snippet of html code that disables the right click button.But it might only protect your picture against a 1st grader or so.So do what they said before , dont publish them.Its the only way.
    -N
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

\"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Yeah, I saw the javascript thing yesterday. It brought up a dialogue box when you right clicked but it was east to get round by just keeping the mouse button held down, pressing return to clear the box then releasing the button.

Or you could even just select it and ctrl c.

I'm not too bothered about the images being stolen as it's a non-profit site anyway. Funily enough, after I'd been on the copy protected site, I went on another site which had nicked a couple of my images.
    A reminder of the copyright law sorted that out though.
    Mama always said, keep your virus definitions up to date.

"LOL just what the world needs.... more copyright ****.... Why don't you and peaple like you try and make the .net more free and accessable "

To my negative antipoint friend, why don't you make the .net (i think you mean net) more accessible by learning how to spell correctly, that way we might be able to understand you properly.
    Also, if you'd bothered to read my posts you'd know that I only have a non-profit site, but have however, spent money on producing it. I was just curious as to if there was any form of protection after seeing it on a site I'd been on.
    Like many others here I use Kazaa (Lite) so I'm not an anti-copyright freak.

I don't like to moan about AP's but when you give them out and haven't even read the post properly, that's when I get annoyed. Infact, you don't even have the courage to post in the thread about your opinions.

Banned
    HEHEHEHE While you guys are wasteing time with scripts that get rid of all the C&P / save-as options that the right mouse button has..... someone can just take a screenshot then edit it without haveing to really download any pictures other than when you browse the site.

As for the AP thing.... hundreds of peaple have been neg.ed just for mearly asking questions or saying something that is un-agreeable.... My advise to you is join the DOWN WITH AO CLUB.

that's the thing, AO doesn't suck ass, just a very small minority of the people on it :-)

GreekGoddess
    To the balless bastard that negged me with:
    Why don't we just make the VCR illegal while were at it 'eh? The .net needs to be free and accessable not copywriten for stupid commie. idiots

First of all, people take a lot of time to make some of the images you see on the internet, it takes more than just skill...it takes creativity and patience, and for someone to completely rip you off and claim it as their own is wrong. Protecting your images has nothing to do with communism. There are plenty of free graphic sites from which great artists contribute their work, it's when they have work that want to be protected and get called communists for that there's something seriously wrong.

I posted in another thread in this same forum that digimarc is probably your best bet, besides deterring from javascript and image overlays. A person CAN take a screenshot, but the watermark can still be read from the screenshot as can be with a deviation, depending on how strong the original watermark was embedded.

Check out the info at:
    http://www.digimarc.com

GreekGoddess > Too true. If people spend time and money making a collection of pictures etc., WHY should anyone have the RIGHT to freely copy and distribute things found on the web. Looks like the same person who negged you, negged me big style.

Anyway, as for encrypting a picture/page/site, try Webcrypt Pro from Moonlight Software.
    http://www.moonlight-software.com/webcrypt.htm