Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: freedom

Yeah, that's right... that's right... . Many people fought for the right of expressing your thoughts and ideas and to talk freely.

I wonder, do you think it is your UNALIENABLE RIGHT to come into my house and yell, scream, generally act like an ass, and insult my mother/wife/sister/me? And I have to listen to you?
    (Im not saying you did anything of the sort in IRC, cause I don't know, I wasn't there)

When someone puts up a server, and is providing to you, a service, that you want, free of charge, and only asks that you maintain certain standards of civilized behavior, they have every RIGHT not to provide you with that service anymore if you fail to live up to your end of the bargain.

If you did come into my house and do any of the above, I would throw your sorry ass out so fast your head would still be spinning. Then I suppose you could go to the attorney general and lodge a human rights complaint against me. They would laugh you all the way to the loony bin.

Yes, and the person who belongs to this antipoint message below also likes his freedom of speech, after reading my previous post. Now while he has full rights to do this and since I don't care about antipoints anyway I am just going to use this as an example.

" Yes.. and since I have power over my AP im going to neg. you for no reason "

Now, this person used a public medium to express this view and thought. This is fine, and I have no problem with it. But if this person were to come into my house and say this to me, I'd make sure he left...straight away... Or in fact if he invaded my private property in any way he wouldn't meet with the same lack of caring. You cannot look exclusively at one "right" without taking into account the rest. When people do this, you get twisted views. They hold each other in check...

As for "human rights" that are there just because you are born... Heh! Who really knows...

Raven

freedom

True freedom would make society a"jungle" If you go to a trainstation, store, restuarant, etc, you are bound by the rules that apply there. You cannot beat someone over the head and get away with it you would go to jail. You even have rules in kindergarten.I think some rules are asinine but for the most part they have a dual meaning "courtesy for you and your fellow man. They are put there to ensure a smooth flow of action and life. You are not the only fish in the ocean but just one of many. Try pleasantness and forbearance of tongue if you cannot talk without such rudeness which antagonizes everyone. Auntie
    For hundreds of years the brain was physically capable of the thoughts of a Galelio or an Aristotle among people who had not yet learned to count to ten. Much of that equipment is still unused and waiting.

I didn't mean to be completely free, not to kill sb and remane free, therefore are the laws. Freedom has of cousre some limits, either the whole world would be chaos.