Linux ISO's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux ISO's

Linux ISO's

Hey everyone, it's me with a question. I wanted to know where is a good ftp site (or any site for that matter) where I can download any Linux ISO's? I'd love to burn them to a disk and use them myself or for others, I just need to know where I can get 'em at. This is why I put this in Newbie Security Questions . Thanks in advance!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

have a look here www.linuxiso.org they have various distros and here is a tutorial written by Rewandythal on burning linux iso's http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ning+linux+iso

have fun

edit:I must have been writing my post when tedob1 posted oh well i included a tut to

another link http://www.linuxlookup.com/html/main/iso.html
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Thanks Tedob1 for the link and Thanks prodikal for the link to the tutorial. I'm going to experiment with different ISO's and burning them. Has anyone here ever burned an ISO and can give me details on it, the process, installation after burning, etc? Thanks again guys!

EDIT: Argh, link doesn't work. Got anymore?

Thanks for the second link
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned

Alright, Thanks for the help prodikal, Negative, and Tedob1. As of right now, I'm at this ftp page and I'm kinda stuck at which to download and the preceeding steps after that. If anyone can offer a little guidance, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks In Advance!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    OK, since you're about to download Mandrakehere's an excellent ftp-mirror for it.

What you'll need to download is Mandrake90-cd1-inst.i586.iso (711MB), and while you're at it, grab Mandrake90-cd2-ext.i586.iso (716 MB) as well
    Using a download-manager (I prefer Lightning Download) is always a good thing for such huge downloads.

Next thing you'll have to do is burn the iso's to a CD (using Nero, WinOnCD, or another burner of your choice - all of them come with an option to burn iso's). Then set your box to boot from CD, and follow the on-screen directions

LOL, Thanks Negative. The only problem I had was which files did I have to download from the ftp site were the correct ones. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: So I download both ISO's and burn both of them to the CD-RW? And of course from their, boot from disk and run the installation process. But I burn both of them?
    Space For Rent.. =]

depending on what you choose to install you could need both. I've never seen it NOT require both. RH requires 3 for its default workstation installation
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thanks, can you let me know what it would depend on?
    Space For Rent.. =]