Thread: Stupid Winzip

Stupid Winzip

I am pausative that I have the right password for a qinzip file that I made. It has some very important pictures in it and I need it opened. I am 100% pausative the pass I am using is the one I locked it with. it is possible that burning it onto a cd then recopying it could have corrupted it or even messed up the hashed string?

I really need help, like I said, these are very important pictures.

rBg
    www.JustEndIt.com
    bob

IrbgI,

I don't know why you are 100% pausative the pass is the right one, you may know, so the only thing i can tell you is that out there there are programs that reveal the pazzword of a file zipped with Winzip. You don't lose anything for just trying one of these programs to see if the password is really the correct one, maybe you typed it wrong, maybe you don't.
    And yes, it is possible that the file got corrupted after burning it to a CD, i had a similar problem once and although my CD-Rom reads them and i see the files copied on the CD, these files are broken and none of them open.

Good luck,

-DaRK-RaiDeR-

These programs may be able to help you recover your zip file:

Ultimate Zip Cracker
    Visual zip password recovery processor

Good luck recovering your zip file

maybe cracks wont be necessary. for some reason, i've never tried to figure out, burning files to a cd can add a read only attribute. right click on the archive and remove the read only property if its there. assuming its on your had drive now.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

maybe cracks wont be necessary. for some reason, i've never tried to figure out, burning files to a cd can add a read only attribute
    Maybe it as to do with the fact that cd's are mostly read-only and why would it matter? He's not trying to write to a winzip file, he's trying to read one.

By the way.. windows XP now resets the attribute by itself !

Yes, I did check all of the attributes and everything is fine. I also appreciate the links to the cracker but why would I have to crack it? I am really 100% pausitive that I know the password. I have used the same password for all my zip files for almost 3 years now.

I dont know what to do. Thank you guys for your help though.
    bob