Something everyone may relate to..

Thread: Something everyone may relate to..

Lightbulb Something everyone may relate to..

I was watching a local news channel and the newscasters relayed a statistic: 60% of Americans become so stressed during the holiday season that 40% of them end up clinically depressed.

I know I always feel a little down during the holidays, so this makes sense.

Whatever you celebrate, be it Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Christmas, Kwanzaa, or anything else, have a Happy Holiday season. Talk to people and try to sort out diffculties before setting them on the back burner.
    I love pizza...........Do you?

You're right. I don't know why but instead of being happy, sometimes you feel a little depressed, whyyyyy????? I'm from Uruguay, SouthAmerica but here's the same. Maybe it's a matter of living in this days, i mean what is happening to the world with war, terrorism, starvation, etc., or just our own family problems, when someone dies or sons leaving home to live alone or with girlfriends or boyfriend, etc. Again, i don't know why but people always have a reazon to be tired or depressed. As same as you, sometimes... i'm one of them too.

Happy holidays for you too,

There is no doubt that the holidays are a good time to catch up with family and etc.

I think the depression part sets in after everyone recieves their credit card bills and wishes they hadn't spent all that money...

Then there is depression due to family members/loved ones that have passed and can't be there to share the moment with...

Not to forget the depression from standing in line for hours to return the gifts that you recieved 3 of...

Personally, I like the holidays. I just wish it wasn't about gifts... Just about spending time with family/ friends/ other loved ones. When you don't have a lot of money to spend on people for the holidays that is another reason I get depressed. I wish I could have gotten more... but didn't have the $$...

When you add all of these things together, it would make almost anybody depressed.

Anyway, happy holidays to everyone too!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I think that clinical depression may have something to do with , remembering the X-mas from last year and convincing yourself that it went by fast.Therefore feeling like your life is ending fast , and feeling older.So try to be by your families side during this holiday season.Happy Holidays.
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Freestate,South Africa
    I think a lot of people get stressed about the fact that maybe they themselves cannot go on leave,or worry about relatives going on leave.In our country the death toll on the roads alone is something to be quite worried about.Last year we had a death toll of close to 400 during the festive season.I look at the commuters travelling by taxi and if you see the condition which most of these vehicles are in, and not to talk about overloading. As for the money aspect well,I think what phishphreek80 has said is quite true, and a lot of people tend to spoil family and close friends because it most likely the only time they can afford to.The intention is well deserved, but the worry afterwards can be quite catestrofic.

Practise what you preach.