International Day Of AIDS

Thread: International Day Of AIDS

International Day Of AIDS

Hi, i don't know if everybody here knows that today is the international day of AIDS. I would like to say to all of you that take care of your selfs because AIDS is a disease that has been expreading alot and more between the youth (from 14yrs and up). Remember AIds is a desease that can affect anyone it doesn't care about sex, race, religion, social status. You have to be very carefull with the people that you have sex. try using protection, or even abstinence. Remenber it doesn't fell the same with condom that with out a condom, you can get aids with out a condom or any other STD. ANd another issue that i want to point out is that try to have a good communication with your significant other.

If you know someone with aids don't descriminate is a desease just like anyother .

Best wishes to all.

GrApHiCTrOn,

You're right although there are many people (mostly young) that don't care about warnings. They think it'll never happen to them, until it does. And this same people irresponsability takes others, i mean the ones that really take care, to get AIDS. For example, a friend of a friend (girl) had a boyfriend for five years, and since some time ago they started to have sex without condom. They trusted each other, but one day her boyfriend, obviously without telling her, had sex with another girl and catched AIDS (he didn't know this girl had the virus), then him, still without knowing he had AIDS, had sex again with his real girlfriend and... guess!!! Now both of them have AIDS. He took her life and she had nothing to do. So again, although people don't care about warnings, it still a good idea to remember this, maybe you can save one person... at least one person. Good work!!!

-DaRK-RaiDeR-

Protect yourselvies.

Thanks for the warning, I myslef is a 15 year old teenager, and i am also a peer leader at Abraham Clark High School in Roselle, Nj. I will like to say to my fellow peers that are on this site, Aids and many STDS are very dangerous, and many of them do not have cures yet, hopefully there would be cure for some of them. Then later for all of them. I know we think that we are teenagers and we are invisible. We think that nothing can happen to us. Its actually when that thing happens,and then you see the point that was trying to be made to you earlier. I advice those that really do care about themselvies to save the sex thing for later on in your life. Like when you are married, by then you know that your sprout is completely clear. Now there is no teenage girl that will tell you that she is HIV+, they will not tell you and will let you get infected too. I seriously advice that we all think about that first time before we go ahead and try it, That one time can turn into a forever thing. I have visited many HIV+ people, and more than half of them told me that hey just tried unprotected sex for that one time and they were infected. Some said that they were lied to, and some said that the protection gave away. As you can see there is no safe way. If you are going to have sex, please use protection. When you see anybody that is HIV+, please do not make them feel not welcomed, nomatter what your health condition is, human are humans. Thank you for your time and please think about what i said. -Ebo

DRUG FREE AND PROUD TO BE.

-DaRK-RaiDeR-: Best not to leave out the fact that there is a difference between HIV and AIDS... If you are HIV positive, and you have unprotected sex with someone else, then there is a good chance that they will also contract HIV from you, although it's not 100% guaranteed. AIDS is not something that you spread... AIDS is something that can develop from being HIV positive. I know a couple of guys who are HIV positive, but because they respond well to the medication they take they are yet to develop AIDS. You would never guess that they are HIV positive, because they live perfectly full lives and are quite healthy (except for the obvious). So while the friend of a friend you knew might have had sex with someone who is HIV positive or has AIDS, it's not necessarily the end of her life. It's always possible that out of her HIV positive status she'll develop AIDS, but if she responds well to medication then it may only have a small effect on her life.

i think that if 1 person takes the time to explain someone else about AIDS an it prevention and that person does the same we can expread the message to more people. Every one thats sexualy active and use heroin or other drug in wich you have to share needles or even in blood transfusions that the blood have not been check for any desease are people that are at risk of aids.

Well I personally have two teenage kids which are at a very vulnarable stage in their lives and I took it upon myself to educate them about aids as far as I can, so that they can in turn help other young kids along there path of becoming adults.I think the sooner you get as much info on this topic as you can the better.After all this is not a disease which you can say "well I have now seen what this disease does, I better do this or that".It is too late already.

I think we should contribute to this day by making as many people as you can aware of the conseqeunces,of this disease as possible.What worries me most is that you read a lot of articles on aids and related issues and then still hear about people who do have it but would not inform their lifetime companions that they have contracted it.I think before people get married these days they should insist on a blood test to confirm that they are both in the clear.I mean they are going to spend their lives together and have kids maybe.They could end up blaming one another and this could have been prevented.

It is merely a suggestion but I think it is worth thinking about when you have to take this important step in your life.

regards
    vanman
    Practise what you preach.

powertoad5000,

You're so right at what you say, yeah..., but unfortunately this is not the case. The girl went to the doctor and... guess again..., nothing to do. And now there's a big "fight" between the girl and the boy familys. It may be horrible to know you are losing your son or daughter and you can do nothing, don't you think this?

-DaRK-RaiDeR-

I always thought AIDS and HIV were a threat to everyone's health, that was until I read a couple of books that I would recomend everyone read. The books are "World Without AIDS" and "Health Wars".

The research in these books poves that HIV and AIDS DON'T EXIST! It's all about money.

Please read this article then buy the books, if you realy want to help AIDS awareness.

http://www.whatareweswallowing.frees...cialcircle.htm

I would like to point out I have commercial association with the authors of these books
    empian