dcsimg

View Poll Results: Are you a guy or girl?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • guy

10 66.67%
  • girl

4 26.67%
  • neither

1 6.67%
  • ?????

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If members were hired part-time to run AntiOnline.com

I think problem child covered the most pertinent facts a moderator( someone with objective judgement) someone to write tutorials( needed desperately by newbies such as I.)and I won't be the last newbie. This site is attractive and isn't dry and boring because the exchange of viewpoints among members( as long as it doesn't become a war) End of story. Auntie
    For hundreds of years the brain was physically capable of the thoughts of a Galelio or an Aristotle among people who had not yet learned to count to ten. Much of that equipment is still unused and waiting.

if it means the new staff will have to be paid with revenue generated from the subscription fees mentioned in another thread, then i would not like this implemented.

however on the upside i think that if enough people were hired, so as to guarantee something like at least 2 staff members on at all times to answer questions faster. obviously more factors would have to be considered when doing stat analysis to determine peak times or how many people would be needed at certain times, days etcetra. imho the most attractive feature of these boards is the normally rapid response times of its members to posts. but this is not always good. if a newbies asks a 'misguided' question, mostly it seems that the negative answers get there first, potentially repelling the newbie.

perhaps not. if i did know the future, do you honestly think i would be sitting here writing this.
    e&oe
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Banned
    I think that certain members that have been a part of this site and that JP sees compitent should be hired part time to help moderate the boards, think of new Ideas and code them, and propose new features, kind of like a democratic representation, only not... hehe

as far as tutorials and questions and such, that should stay as it is, the community handels that.

Ninja Code Monkey
    I'm going along with hog on this one....I chose the last option because there was none for 'all of the above'.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

I think this is a wonderful idea if the cards are played right. AntiOnline.com will need experienced members who know there way in the field of buisness management, administration, moderation, and web design. And I also do anticipate that there will be an over abundance of responces and applications to get positions so there must be a criteria set up like a degree or something like that. Other than that, it's a great idea. Members running the site they belong to and such. That is something I would love to see and hopefully :P be apart of.

My 2 cents,
    Viper
    Viper

sounds like a big decision

In reality, you could put together a small task force of people (maybe tree or fore) to handle everything from the physical network, to the moderation of forums and such. The hard part would be finding good help... and of course pay negotiation (while some members may work for low pay, we all know that after a while it will all of a sudden be exactly what it is... work... hmmm)

good thought, I'd love to see it but it will be a tough one to put together!
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

I don't have a lot of free time but I would devote some to helping this site stay alive.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

Antionline Herpetologist
    I think it would work if a very few individuals, Negative comes to mind for one, were employed to do all the work that JP currently does.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

In My opinion, it's better sold to a third-party, or JP retaining himself, the website, encouraging more advertisements or so. Because, keeping in mind the politics that has been happening at AO recently, i dont think fit that there should be more than one person, or maximum two, running the website at a time.
    Oh and im not that new as i seem. ( at AO, of course )
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Banned

Yeah

Yeah JP,

I think it is a good idea to to pay some members to keep the site up to date and increase the content and quality of tutorials.I dont mind paying 10 buxs per year for that !

Have to say goodbyes to some of my Big Macs

Paladin