Kazaa users

Thread: Kazaa users

Question Kazaa users

to all those AO members out there that use kazaa, i was just wondering weather this was just me or happens to all users.

Whenever i run kazaa and download any file(s), it seems to use a lot of online resources causeing programs like Messenger and the like to close. i use a dialup modem and was just wondering if this is just my computer or if it happens to others?

Also is there a genuine solution to stop this from happening?

Thanks for your time
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

well, it could be that you're tying up all your bandwidth with programs like KaZaA.

if you could tell us your connection speed (i'll assume 56Kbps), how many Internet-related programs you've got running (web browser, chat programs, etc.), and just how much stuff you're normally downloading of KaZaA, we might be able to give you a bit more help.

if you're downloading a lot of software, and have a good number of chat programs open, all while trying to surf the web, then yes, it makes sense that your connection might time out every now and then.

however, if you're not downloading too much, have just Messenger open, and you're either not surfing the web, or just basic HTML sites, then it's possible that either your ISP sucks, or your system would like a bit more RAM.
    i will shoot you so hard.

thats the thing. my system is top of the range. it has 512 sdram and 56k modem. and its only messenger and kazaa i run and you know the rest. just wondering if there is a solution??
    ----Homer J Simpson----

i used to use kazza wid 48MB ram 300 Mhz Cyrix MII wid a 43Kbps connection(and the isps in india sux).....and used messenger....surf all at the same time.....
    no probs at all....
    so i guess its yr system thatys causin the probelem......
    buying M$ OS is like ordering a soup where u gotta pay extra for the bowl and spoon....and each time u order something new u gotta pay a huge amount for a new table!!!

ok here are my system specs. you figure it out

1800Athlon Xp
    512 Sdram
    G4mmx440
    56k modem (which runs at a flat rate of 46.6)
    and all the bits and pieces

so i dont think its the computer?? maybe the phone line is broke??anyway.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

You shouldn't be using regular Kazaa. Go get Kazaa Lite. All of the spyware and advertisment software that is packaged with regular Kazaa sucks up your bandwidth and sucks up your computer power. I have a 1.8 ghz, 512 RAM blahblahblah and Kazaa caused many errors in my computer, so its not just you. Go get Kazaa Lite, it has less of the crap and more of the stuff you want. Plus it comes with this cool little program called Speed Up that automatically searches for more sources when you download something.

I also recommend getting a better than 56k connection.

Well for starters Kazza has a few hidden programs known as spyware and instaling it gives I thik it Bright sojme sort of total control of your computer for it's to be actvitated P2P network that pretty much reports all you do on Kazza and lets them Bright use your computer when ever you are on-line even in dial up. Go back read the EULA (End User License Agreement) and you will find out why your connect is so s-l-o-w. Then go off to http://www.lavasoftusa.com instally the spyware check program scan your system and remove the background programs. Not sure but I think Kazza may not work if you remove the spyware, then it's up to you to weigh Kazza or spyware?
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

spyware dosnt tie up that much resource, its bandwidth pure and simple. Thats why school networks dont want people using it. client/server programs stop working because of the time outs caused by the bandwidth being hoged. if your getting a file from another computer using a modem its not that bad, but chances are its a high speed connection supplying the file that has you swamped
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”