Server Response?

Thread: Server Response?

Post Server Response?

Was wondering what a www server sends to a web-browser letting it know there is a web site. Let me explain further... This is what the server gets when i make a request...

GET / HTTP/1.1
    Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
    Accept-Language: en-us
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Hotbar 4.1.4.0)
    Host: 127.0.0.1
    Connection: Keep-Alive

What info does the server send back (before the html) to let the browser know it's there?

I scanned the previous posts for an answer- couldn't find anything?

-Thanx guys/gals :-)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

other than the initial syn, ack, syn-ack to establish a connection, your browser assumes there's a web site there because you said so. If there isnt one your browser displays an internel error page. if their is the server displays its default page, set by the administrator or the page you requested.

as your 2600 perl script will show you, it sends the header info along with the html, nothing else.

i hope thats what your asking for.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thanx "Tedob1" but i'm not sure if that helps me? Maybe i'm donig this all wrong- but i'm writing a little program to interface with my browser. I get the initial request from the browser- when i send data back, the broswer doesn't see it? Oh well, i guess it's back to the drawing boards?

if your trying to 'push' something to the browser you might need to incorporate an existing plug-in!?!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

tampabay420:

Was wondering what a www server sends to a web-browser letting it know there is a web site. Let me explain further... This is what the server gets when i make a request...
    do you mean web page not website?

if is a web page you sould expect somthing like this

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    Server: IIS 5.0
    Date: [somthing]
    Content-type: html/text
    (with some other http header items in there as well)

I'm guessing that you are asking about HTTP responces form the server, the best place for information on the HTTP protocol would be RFC2616, google is a good place to find this.

As for your program i will save you a lot time, have a look at this

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=237181

in here is a program attached called achilles, which is an HTTP proxy, set your web browser to point to the proxy, and the proxy will capture all the HTTP information.

Hope this helps SittingDuck
    I\'m a SittingDuck, but the question is \"Is your web app a Sitting Duck?\"

Thank You Sitting Duck... That's exactly what i was looking for...

As far as that link goes, nothing to do with what i need, but thanx anyway...

Cache-Control: no-cache
    Connection: close
    Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:41:38 GMT
    Pragma: no-cache
    Server: Apache/1.3.26
    Content-Length: 64456
    Content-Type: text/html
    Expires: -1
    Client-Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:30:02 GMT
    Client-Response-Num: 1
    Link: </w3c/p3p.xml>; rel="P3Pv1"
    MSThemeCompatible: Yes
    P3P: policyref="http://www.antionline.com/w3c/p3p.xml"
    Set-Cookie: sessionhash=bf0a371d4d14f454d24b9c83b326b021; path=/; domain=.antionline.com
    Set-Cookie: bblastvisit=1039189298; expires=Sat, 06-Dec-03 15:41:38 GMT; path=/; domain=.antionline.com
    Title: AntiOnline - Computer Security - Hacking & Hackers
    X-Meta-Description: AntiOnline's mission is to educate users about computer security related issues.
    X-Meta-Keywords: Computer Security,Hacking,Hacker,Crackers,Virus,Virii,Webpages,DOS,Denial of Service,files,links,encryption,spoofing,news,texts,password,port monitors,key logger,phreaking,boxes,wardialers,patches,exploits,fixes,hot fixes,antionline,bugs,technology,

Here is the code (Provided by 2600)

use HTTP::Response;
    use LWP::UserAgent;
    my $au = new LWP::UserAgent;
    $au->agent('891681651651_981651651651');
    my $req = new HTTP::Request(GET, "http://$ARGV[0]");
    print $headers = $au->request($req)->headers_as_string;