Thread: AntiOnline Mentor ?

AntiOnline Mentor ?

Hello all, just an idea that came across my mind. Havent seen anything else on it before. I was thinking of an Antionline mentor. What if Antionline had a mentor program or something of that nature where newbies and old alike would have someone they could go to to ask ?,s and be taught by someone. Could beneifit both parties involved and may lead to some great friendships as well. May even spare someone embarassing flame,s this that and the other thing. you could work on projects together while learningn and helping someone at the same time. Let me know what you think of hte Idea , good or bad. I want to hear from newbies and oldies pro's and con's. Thanks !

Dude that is very good idea. I am with u my man.

It's a nice try, but there is already a category where they can ask everything. Here or here. If you mean on-line there is the chat.

I tried that with some kid from egypt, it wasn't that bad of an idea... but the kid lost interest, anyway- I guess it's a good idea. Not sure if something like that would ever materialize?

yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

There are Mentors here but like any teacher and life this person accepts only ones that have some basic things like well morals, standards, ethics. Show some of these things and perhaps a teacher will find you
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

very intresting point palemoon, I like that ! Very well said. Thanks to all who have replied so far.

its not the same thrill from learning than being spoon fed info, plus ppl should be nice enough to help others if needed, and asked in the appropriate mannor

Preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

I just have to say that antionline.com IS a mentor.

When I came to this site, I knew very little about securtiy. I still don't know a whole lot but I am learning at an exponential rate.

This site has helped me become more security focused since I first stumbled upon this site by accident.

Since then, I have purchased virtually every security book I can get my hands on.
    Most of these books and other security sites all have mostly all the same info, but I'd have to say that antionline.com is the best source I have for such info.

The members' skill set of this forum vary big time. From virtually every subject on computing and things that have nothing to do with computing.

I think that just having one mentor would hold you back in a way.

It would be a good way to "get your feet wet" but not to "be all that you can be".

One other thing... THANKS AO!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

i agree w phish and this_one_guy both. AO is a mentor by itself, but could use more membrs that are willing to help out the n00bs and anyone else, so they don't get in trouble w moderators or admin and banned
    I love pizza...........Do you?

Thanks for the feed back guys! I have to agree with you there phish as far as AO itself being a mentor in itself. I too have learned quite abit from the short time that ive been a member. There are a lot of great people here that have helped me out already. So whether or not something like this would ever get off the ground, I will stilll come here to learn. There are truly alot of great folks out there that do help. So Thanks to all the folks here at AO.