Bonzi Class Action

Thread: Bonzi Class Action

Bonzi Class Action

I came accross this link at neworder.box:

http://www.lukins.com/bonzi/index.php?pid=home

thought the AO community might appreciate the good news

BONZI CLASS ACTION

A nationwide class action lawsuit was filed on November 25, 2002, in the Superior Court of Spokane County against Bonzi Software, Inc. Bonzi is among the world’s most prolific issuers of Internet advertising banners. Bonzi’s website has been ranked as one of the most frequently visited websites in the world.

The class action complaint alleges that Bonzi deceptively and fraudulently commandeered millions of internet users to Bonzi’s commercial websites through dissemination of tens-of-millions of fraudulent Internet advertising banners that impersonated computer error messages. The Complaint states that through use of such Fake User Interface (“FUI”) dialogs that gave the false appearance of being computer error messages, Bonzi tricked millions of Internet users into interrupting the work they were performing to respond to the fraudulent error message, only to unexpectedly find both computer and computer user thus hijacked to defendants’ commercial website.

i really hope they take bonzi and all their buddies to the cleaners!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yeh, I hope so as well. Not once, not twice, but three times I was tricked into installing the Bonzi Buddy crap, sometimes by clicking a link claiming to be a re-direction of my website or something similiar. It automatically install's itself on your system and can be very annoying. Thanks for the article Tedob1.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Good find tedob1, we can all use some good news to wind up the year!

It brings a certin joy to my heart to know that theres a chance Bonzai and his buddies will die. I hope that purple chimp goes down hard.

It brings a certin joy to my heart to know that theres a chance Bonzai and his buddies will die. I hope that purple chimp goes down hard.

Banned
    Yeah I was downloading some stuff when all of a sudden I noticed gain advitisor was also installed on my system. I had to trick gain into thinking I had uninstalled the software so I could get rid of it.

at least theyre having a go at these guys
    its good to see some progress against the scum of the net
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

Guys I have gone trough this bonzi episode as well and I also hope they get nailed.There is also another thing I want to ask:My wife's pc at work recently selfinstalled a program which calls itself "GATOR"while she was on the net.Is there any connection between these two?I am also battling to get this thing off her pc.Everytime she goes on it just starts to install(hidden), by that I mean you can't see the install running but when you restart the pc at one stage it sits on the systray.The icon is a little aligator.

thanks
    vanman
    Practise what you preach.