Thread: The "QUICK SOLUTION FORUM" ???

The "QUICK SOLUTION FORUM" ???

Guys,

I have been thinking that it could be very useful to have a forum where someone could post threads that need to be solved as soon as possible and for sure. I mean that kind of problems that you have to solve "now" or at least in the "less" possible time. But the most important thing here should be that the answers SHOULD or MUST be the correct ones. With this i mean that someone give an answer to the thread just and only if he's almost 100% sure his answer is the solution to the problem, or at least give 2, 3 or more answers but knowing that there isn't and not exist any other possibilities to solve the problem than the answers he's giving. Maybe at first only "experts" could answer to the threads posted (depending on the difficulty of the problem) but newbies (i'm one of them) will begin to learn more and more looking at the 100% sure answers posted in this forum. I'm saying this because i'm begining to imagine a forum with 100% resolved problems, then 500, then 1000 then more and more... fixed problems. So maybe one day someone could enter this forum, look for an specific problem and have the solution in seconds, if not, just post the thread and wait for an almost 100% sure answer.

I hope you like the idea and answer back saying how to improve it.

Thanks.

I think the General Chit-Chat forum can cover that. As for it being 'Quick Solution', I guess it's whoever can answer it first, lol. It would be next to impossible to have the answer in less than seconds, maybe in minutes. Unless someone immediately see's your thread and answers it, it's highly unlikely. Also, usually when we post something to answer a question, we're pretty sure it's right. No one like's to post false or misleading information. Hope I helped!
    Space For Rent.. =]

how can you ensure someone that knows a near 100% correct answer will be online and available to answer quickly?
    I'm saying this because i'm begining to imagine a forum with 100% resolved problems, then 500, then 1000 then more and more... fixed problems.
    would i be wrong in saying that this is what the tutorial forum is for? this site isn't a helpdesk, its more like diy. however, in the future...
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Guys,

I don't mean have an answer in seconds or minutes but maybe i need to solve a problem within 3 hours (for example) and i'm sure that there are enough "experts" in this site that could help. Then, if no one answer to a thread within the time you need it, well... i will just continue to have the problem, nothing else.

I think that's what most of the forums accomplish. The back-and-forth you see is often because of a lack of needed information in the original post. I see users attempt to give valid answers base on the info supplied, only to have the original poster reply with "well, let me clarify" and give us info that would have helped in the first place.

Not knowing what the poster is doing to create errors, what system they're running, etc, and not knowing what the user really needs are the main reasons we have various answers in threads. My proposed solution to the problem is for posters to give as much info as possible with a clear and concise idea of the resolution they need.
    Mike Reilly
    bluebeard96@yahoo.com

"answer back saying how to improve it."
    well for starters you could read the main page and realise that when someone makes a post its becomes on the main page as "active" that means its "active" and people can read and respond to it quickly because you dont have to search for it, its right on the main page.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    You can always check IRC also. There are 1 or 2 people on there almost all the time that know something or other. Just don't ask something realllly stupid or you may get flamed.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

ummmm yeah cause everyone wouldn't just start posting their questions there wether or not they needed immidiate response - just cause they couldn't be assed waiting???

v_Ln