Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connecting to a Windows Share Outside a Network...

Run it from your command prompt. Works on my Win2k box

net use is the equivalent of browsing through network neghborhood, right clicking on a target drive, and selecting "Map Network Drive" That way you don't have to kee retyping your share. In addition, some programs (quickbooks, for example) do not like \\computername\share folders... they want mapped drives.
    Mike Reilly
    bluebeard96@yahoo.com

And netbios is the protocol for filesharing in windows or what?
    read about netbios here, and here

ohh thats cool.. so net share (ipadress) will show shared folders on a computer? and $ after the share hides it from it?
    from a command prompt

c:\net view computername

or

c:\net view ipaddress

there is much more to it... read the links above
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Thumbs up

Wow thanks for the links.. those are really interesting. Is it possible to logon to a remote computer using the netbios? Like net logon (ip) and it would give me a user and pass prompt?

Then I could login to accounts my friends setup for me?

Is it possible to logon to a remote computer using the netbios? Like net logon (ip) and it would give me a user and pass prompt?
    No. If you connect to their share drive... that is logging in, kinda...

but if you mean terminal emulation... then they'd have to have a server or server app running.

if they have telnet or ssh (server apps) or something loaded... then you can login and execute commands and the like. There are some remote access programs that will also let you do this.

radmin is pretty cool
    pcanywhere is also good.

There is an active thread right now about remote access software.

View it here.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.