Thread: 98se security

Question 98se security

Hello,
    There maybe be a thread to this question, but I have not found it. My 98se is built on 98 which is built on 95. I would like to secure it were it will be safe from the out side world. I have Zone Firewall, Norton, and Spybot-Search. Is there anything else I can do? I will be putting SuSE 8.1 in on a different drive soon, but I want my windows of death too. I know they can work on the same computer, but I want that windows secured first. Thanks for any help.
    cybnut

have Zone Firewall, Norton, and Spybot-Search. Is there anything else I can do?
    You will want to download and install any and all updates available for 98. I think I heard that they were stopping "official support" for the OS in the near future... so it wouldn't be a bad idea to download them and install them separately. Then burn them to CD just in case you need them later.

Make sure you disable file and print share.

Other than that, there isn't much you can do to "secure" it. Win98 isn't meant to be secured. For that, you'd want to step up to at least Win2k... or linux like you said you were going to.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.