Thread: spammer can't take what he dishes

spammer can't take what he dishes

MIKE WENDLAND: Internet spammer can't take what he dishes out

December 6, 2002

BY MIKE WENDLAND
    FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

West Bloomfield bulk e-mailer Alan Ralsky, who just may be the world's biggest sender of Internet spam, is getting a taste of his own medicine.

Ever since I wrote a story on him a couple of weeks ago (www.freep.com/money/tech/mwend22_20021122.htm), he says he's been inundated with ads, catalogs and brochures delivered by the U.S. Postal Service to his brand-new $740,000 home.

It's all the result of a well-organized campaign by the anti-spam community, and Ralsky doesn't find it funny.

"They've signed me up for every advertising campaign and mailing list there is," he told me. "These people are out of their minds. They're harassing me."

That they are. Gleefully. Almost 300 anti-Ralsky posts were made on the Slashdot.org Web site, where the plan was hatched after spam haters posted his address, even an aerial view of his neighborhood.

"Several tons of snail mail spam every day might just annoy him as much as his spam annoys me," wrote one of the anti-spammers.

Ralsky is indeed annoyed. He says he's asked Bloomfield Hills attorney Robert Harrison to sue the anti-spammers.
    First posted here.

I think this is great. Maybe I'll look for his address and sign him up for everything I come across too. Hmmmm... maybe they should do this to all the large spammers.

What are your opinions?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

My favorite thing similar to this is when you get the junk mail, that include a envelope for response, take a different ad, and stick it in the envelope and send it (prepaid, at their expense) to them.
    Simple, but amusing.
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

i don't know if this is still true, but at one time you could glue thoses ad post cards that had the postage paid stickers printed on them, to a brick. drop it in the mail box and they would have to pay the postage.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ah, its so nice to hear about a spammer getting a taste of their own medicine. It's pretty annoying to have 9 out of 10 emails a day be crap. I can only imagine what the shipping on a brick or a cinder block would be!
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

or u can stick a label over the companys return adress and use the pre-paid envelope to mail your own letters.....at least ur getting somehtin back

v_Ln

I would love to get this guys adress
    Then i can order a couple of tons of manure and have it dumped on his front lawn
    Thats one way i can return all the sh*t i receive in the Email
    Regards
    titanmike
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

brilliant...I love it...spam the spammers...
    When I get crap calls on the phone, "Would you like to buy blah blah we want your money"
    I normally tell them I'm naked....it's their own damn fault for pissing me off, it seems to stop the calls though....

glue thoses ad post cards that had the postage paid stickers printed on them, to a brick. drop it in the mail box and they would have to pay the postage.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!...............Thats great!!!!!!